Sign in to follow this  
Drck

LPVO - 1-6x or 1-8x Trial

Making progress. 

First impressions are 1x and red dot is very impressive. Seems very forgiving on head position. Will be trying to test differences between it and an Aimpoint/EoTech. 4x still quite forgiving. But then 8x is noticeably less forgiving on head position, particularly with cheek weld/height. Didn’t quite notice that “transition” with other scopes (4-16, 5-25, etc). I had read many similar reviews about that, but interesting to see for myself. 

Hope to have it out on the range in the next week or so.

024C543E-AACA-4271-B83C-35A25B94F18E.jpeg

46C95A98-1E61-4CC3-814B-4854313FC5A0.jpeg

232A7173-F51D-40E0-B102-A7F4E49669CA.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Meke said:

Is it a hologram dot?

Illuminated reticle

Look up video on Nightforce ATACR 1-8 by Sage Dynamics. That’s a good video about the scope. 

Is that the f1? Lady that does the run and gun with me won a 50% off certificate from them last year for one. I'd take a peak through it but then I'd want one and my bank account would die lol

On 10/24/2019 at 10:50 PM, Danatkins said:

Is that the f1? Lady that does the run and gun with me won a 50% off certificate from them last year for one. I'd take a peak through it but then I'd want one and my bank account would die lol

Yeah. There’s only one model/version currently out. 

ill take the certificate 🤔

No kidding. I think for 50% off a NF I’d suck it up and work OT it whatever to make that happen. 

If you’re planning on buying a suppressor, you better do it cause the wait is stupid. I’m at just shy of 10 months on three. Only a month in on a fourth. Hoping my fourth will get approved with the first three since I’ve gotta be getting close to being approved. 

Aiming for the proof barrel as option one. Some guys over on snipershide have been having good luck getting stamps back seems like they've brought more people in and hitting the backlog from both ends.

56 minutes ago, Danatkins said:

Aiming for the proof barrel as option one. Some guys over on snipershide have been having good luck getting stamps back seems like they've brought more people in and hitting the backlog from both ends.

Yep. But how long is that gonna last?

I can’t even get them to approve me to move my sbr. I think I submitted that form in June? I’m going to have to resubmit because the date range I specified is gonna be over 😐

4 hours ago, JRed said:

I can’t even get them to approve me to move my sbr. I think I submitted that form in June? I’m going to have to resubmit because the date range I specified is gonna be over 😐

You need the form approved for a permanent move? I had no idea. Of course I’ve only ever moved in state. 

7 minutes ago, Etho said:

You need the form approved for a permanent move? I had no idea. Of course I’ve only ever moved in state. 

Yeah. It’s for interstate travel, so you have to get the form approved, and there’s a check box for permanent move. I think they also want to know about in state permanent moves. I need to call them. I had hoped a move would get approved faster than a form 1 or 4, but I’m starting to think they just throw everything in the same pile. 

1 hour ago, JRed said:

Yeah. It’s for interstate travel, so you have to get the form approved, and there’s a check box for permanent move. I think they also want to know about in state permanent moves. I need to call them. I had hoped a move would get approved faster than a form 1 or 4, but I’m starting to think they just throw everything in the same pile. 

I checked and asked pretty much the general consensus was you Can but don’t have to let them know about permanent in state. 

17 hours ago, Etho said:

Yep. But how long is that gonna last?

I looked at the form 4 wait list on the hide yesterday and one guy said the lady he talked to said they're just grabbing from wherever in the pile they feel like. Reason I'm going for the barrel is to shave a few pounds off my rifle and change from 308 to 6.5cm  might go ahead and get the can this year. Might have it by 2021 when we go on the elk hunt lol

2 hours ago, Danatkins said:

I looked at the form 4 wait list on the hide yesterday and one guy said the lady he talked to said they're just grabbing from wherever in the pile they feel like. Reason I'm going for the barrel is to shave a few pounds off my rifle and change from 308 to 6.5cm  might go ahead and get the can this year. Might have it by 2021 when we go on the elk hunt lol

It’s just one promotion away from 9-14 months again. Some of us are still in the 9-14 month window. 

3 minutes ago, Danatkins said:

Yup some guys were getting theirs in 90 days some guys are at 18 months and haven't even been assigned

That SilencerCo promotion sunk wait times so bad. 

A local carbine course just came online for 16 Nov.  I haven't zeroed the LPVO yet, so will try this coming weekend.  One of the lead instructors will be shooting with an LPVO, so will be good opportunity.  

I've shot with this group a bunch of times.  Great guys and this one is a skill builder, as opposed to more straight instruction.  Last handgun class, I tried my Glock 17 with RDS for the first time.  The instructor that will be shooting the LPVO was also getting into RDS.  He shot his P320 with RDS that class, so it was good to get his perspective on it.  The other (main) instructor had experience with RDS, but not as much.  They had differing experiences and perspectives on it, which actually helped.  

I’m still not sold on RDS. I’m not against it by any means. Just as a personal preference. I’ve tried it a few times now and just leave with a feeling of “but why?”. 

It just doesn’t come to me naturally like with a rifle. But my eyes are still mostly ok. 

3 hours ago, Etho said:

I’m still not sold on RDS. I’m not against it by any means. Just as a personal preference. I’ve tried it a few times now and just leave with a feeling of “but why?”. 

It just doesn’t come to me naturally like with a rifle. But my eyes are still mostly ok. 

I felt that way the first handful of times I shot someone else’s. But I decided I wanted one to put time into it. The whole “it’s the wave of the future”, like rifle red dots. That and seeing how it has caught on with competition shooters. I just wanted to try for myself. I was told that many start and have a meh. Now that I’ve had decent time with it, I can totally see benefits. I’m not like “every gun needs one”, but I def see benefits. 

Check out Sage Dynamic’s videos. He’s pretty open about pros and cons. But he’s also more of a convert than I am. 

6 minutes ago, Meke said:

Better group at 100 yards.  Beter ammo?

Was a variety of ammo.m for each. The tightest was Hornady American Gunner 55 gr BTHP. 

The biggest spread on the 50 yard target was actually GD 62 gr SP.