Sign in to follow this  
Etho

Glock 44: Glock Enters The Rimfire Market

TFB was claiming that a threaded barrel was going to be available as a factory option.

Also claiming a 15 round magazine was going to be available or standard.

4 hours ago, JRed said:

That would be fun. Maybe my wife could rack it 😄

She can’t rack a normal pistol? 

Edited by Etho

16 hours ago, JRed said:

That would be fun. Maybe my wife could rack it 😄

Have her try a Walther PK380 or the S&W Shield 380ez. My wife also has issues with that. Got her the PK380 and she has no issues. 

14 hours ago, Etho said:

She can’t rack a normal pistol? 

She can rack the G19, with some effort. She can’t rack the EC9s without scaring me, so that’s not allowed anymore. She’s... petite 😂

2 hours ago, Bob said:

Have her try a Walther PK380 or the S&W Shield 380ez. My wife also has issues with that. Got her the PK380 and she has no issues. 

My brother has a Sig P230 I’m gonna have her try the next time we’re up there. But I think a .22 would be a lot more fun to get used to shooting. 

58 minutes ago, JRed said:

She can rack the G19, with some effort. She can’t rack the EC9s without scaring me, so that’s not allowed anymore. She’s... petite 😂

My brother has a Sig P230 I’m gonna have her try the next time we’re up there. But I think a .22 would be a lot more fun to get used to shooting. 

My wife learned on a Walther P22 and moved seamlessly to the PK380. With the Glock 44 now out could be a great way to start her towards the g19

3 hours ago, JRed said:

Teach her the push/pull method. That being small stuff is BS. We have five foot nothing 105-110 soaking wet female officers who run 19s/17s/M&Ps/VP9s and even boat anchor P series Sigs as well as grown men. 

Its 16lbs of force on average. There’s no reason a normal human adult cannot manage 16lbs. 

Edited by Etho

3 hours ago, Etho said:

Teach her the push/pull method. That being small stuff is BS. We have five foot nothing 105-110 soaking wet female officers who run 19s/17s/M&Ps/VP9s and even boat anchor P series Sigs as well as grown men. 

Its 16lbs of force on average. There’s no reason a normal human adult cannot manage 16lbs. 

I don’t thin I’ll present your argument in quite the same manner, but yeah, she can do it. She just needs practice. Me too at this point. Not enough days in the week anymore. 

1 hour ago, JRed said:

I don’t thin I’ll present your argument in quite the same manner, but yeah, she can do it. She just needs practice. Me too at this point. Not enough days in the week anymore. 

I’ve never been accused of not being direct 😂

I have a bit of a sore spot with women and shooting. They’re only incapable because they’re told they’re incapable. Not saying you do but society does. They can shoot as well as we can the minute they quit thinking they can’t. 

5 hours ago, Etho said:

I’ve never been accused of not being direct 😂

I have a bit of a sore spot with women and shooting. They’re only incapable because they’re told they’re incapable. Not saying you do but society does. They can shoot as well as we can the minute they quit thinking they can’t. 

🤣🤣🤣

Her issue is it needs to be fun. She’s not interested in shooting for any other reason. Growing up in Brazil and California kind of limited her firearm exposure. She can shoot my G19, but it’s uncomfortable to rack, it’s got some recoil, and it’s loud. This little G44 though? Might be fun. And maybe once she’s used to something like that, something bigger would be fun. 

12 hours ago, JRed said:

🤣🤣🤣

Her issue is it needs to be fun. She’s not interested in shooting for any other reason. Growing up in Brazil and California kind of limited her firearm exposure. She can shoot my G19, but it’s uncomfortable to rack, it’s got some recoil, and it’s loud. This little G44 though? Might be fun. And maybe once she’s used to something like that, something bigger would be fun. 

Yeah makes sense. Stair stepping in instances of fear or discomfort is good. But the guys who have the “muh little lady” mentality irritate me. Makes me even happier when one of those fudd shitbags get shown up by a woman too. 

On 12/10/2019 at 10:17 AM, Bob said:

TFB was claiming that a threaded barrel was going to be available as a factory option.

Also claiming a 15 round magazine was going to be available or standard.

The more I read their articles and videos, the more I realize how big goobers they are. It appears that they’ve gotten better over the years, but they have posted some stuff that would (or should) make experiences shooters scratch their heads. 

4 hours ago, Drck said:

Advantage Arms 22 conversions were popular. Guess Glock wanted their own. 

Conversion kits are spotty on reliability. 

3 hours ago, Etho said:

Conversion kits are spotty on reliability. 

I’ve seen both. I don’t own one, bit many shooter friend here do. I have a M&P 22 and my dad’s High Standard, so that’s enough 22s for me. Maybe a 22 rifle one day. 

7 minutes ago, Drck said:

I’ve seen both. I don’t own one, bit many shooter friend here do. I have a M&P 22 and my dad’s High Standard, so that’s enough 22s for me. Maybe a 22 rifle one day. 

Suppressor host is what I’m looking for. 

5 hours ago, Drck said:

Which High Standard? Dad has the Victor that's a tack driver