Sign in to follow this  
Bob

ETS magazines for M&P

I picked up 2 of these, 1 17 rounder and a 30. Figured I would give them a try since they are half the price of factory mags. Plus I wanted to see if the 30 rounder is reliable enough for a 9mm AR build.

Initial impressions are skeptical. They are completely polymer, including feed lips and mag catch slots. Feed lips are less of a concern than the slots. I realize Glocks are the same but from my understanding the Glock mag catch is also polymer, where the m&p is metal.

Now I just need to start running them.

Anyone here ever use these mags? In any platform?

I’ve got some for my 9mm SBR, it uses Glock mags. They’re alright. No real issues. Never used them in my Glock handguns though.

I tried one with my Salient Glock 19 and didn't like it.  When loaded full, the top round seemed to bind up and not chamber consistently.  Maybe it would take some time to wear in, but that turned me off to them.  The Salient came with Magpul Glock mags and I am really liking them.  They have functioned well, seems like the springs are stronger than Glock OEM mags, so they eject more positively, and are way cheaper than Glock OEM mags.  The only thing I don't care for is that they only have indicators for full, which for me is 10 rounds.  Anything between 2-9, I'm guessing what's in there.  Not a big deal, but when I'm in a class or training session, I like to see what I have left in a given mag.  

On 3/11/2020 at 9:41 PM, Drck said:

I tried one with my Salient Glock 19 and didn't like it.  When loaded full, the top round seemed to bind up and not chamber consistently.  Maybe it would take some time to wear in, but that turned me off to them.  The Salient came with Magpul Glock mags and I am really liking them.  They have functioned well, seems like the springs are stronger than Glock OEM mags, so they eject more positively, and are way cheaper than Glock OEM mags.  The only thing I don't care for is that they only have indicators for full, which for me is 10 rounds.  Anything between 2-9, I'm guessing what's in there.  Not a big deal, but when I'm in a class or training session, I like to see what I have left in a given mag.  

Thanks. Wish Magpul made mags for M&P's.

On 3/11/2020 at 10:41 PM, Drck said:

Don't know about the smaller mags but I noticed with the 22 rounder if you didn't watch it the rounds would try to go single stack in the middle of the mag. I loaded it and unloaded it by hand a couple times and seemed to fix it.