So went to my parents place the other day for some range time while I'm on call and figured I'd double check my dope. My chronograph was acting goofy last time I tried using it so I just sat a target out at 359 yards. Longest I can get without moving a bunch of old equipment. Shot this 5 shot group and this is what my strelok was telling me to set velocity to. Originally dialed 1.9 I was using fgmm 175 data since my load is close to that. My load is 41.5 of imr4064 under a 175smk. This seems weird that I would need that high velocity for truing.

on another note if any of y'all shoot 308 try the federal 185 berger load wow

Screenshot_20200424-123145_Strelok Pro.jpg

Screenshot_20200424-123139_Strelok Pro.jpg

Screenshot_20200424-122640_Gallery.jpg

Ballistic-X-Export-2020-04-22 12:22:46.244185.png

Maybe I’m missing something but it seems your over complicating this. Especially for a 359 yard shot. 

Velocity truing/validation is kinda pointless to me. Never have seen the purpose. Velocity is what velocity and even moreso what the barrel likes. I really don’t care what a program says when I can see results with my own eyes. 

If I understand you, and I just woke up so it's a good chance I am completely off the mark, it's like Etho says. It is what it is. When I'm getting dope, I avg out 10-20 shots and use that. I'll do it on different days weather wise and keep the log in my range bag, along with dope cards.