Danatkins

Finally it came

Ordered this 2 weeks ago from Big Daddy Unlimited and it showed up at my gun store yesterday about 230. Had to get some more sandpaper for the bathroom floor so swing by the gun store to bring it home. Canik elite combat executive. It's one of 1 that Canik is doing with Salient Arms has a Salient trigger, barrel and magwell plus I wanna say Warren tactical sights. Fits my hand like a glove. Comes with a plate to put an rmr footprint red dot on it I'm probably gonna go with a holosun 507v2 since it has the side loading battery. Hopefully it'll stop with the nasty weather tomorrow and I can do some shooting while the wife is at work

20200430_155052.jpg

Edited by Danatkins

Very nice!  How much did that set you back?  I picked up two G19 Salients in their black Friday sale last year.  

I've been interested in Canik, but gets expensive when expanding (mags and holsters).  

672 plus 40 for transfer. Would've been 700 before taxes at basspro so I still came out ahead. One of the guys I do run and guns with EDC is the tan version of this but it's got the 13x1 left hand threaded barrel. His competition gun is the sfx. The reset on this thing is extremely short like 1 maybe 2 millimeters 

35 minutes ago, Danatkins said:

672 plus 40 for transfer. Would've been 700 before taxes at basspro so I still came out ahead. One of the guys I do run and guns with EDC is the tan version of this but it's got the 13x1 left hand threaded barrel. His competition gun is the sfx. The reset on this thing is extremely short like 1 maybe 2 millimeters 

$672 is VERY good considering Salient work/collaboration.  

This one and elite combat run about 700 BDU is kind of like Costco you pay like 7 a month to get pretty good discounts they have rmr for about 350

Ohh, I might have to sign up for that.  The RMR price is about $25-50 below best sales I've ever seen.  

I heard of them before.  Just never knew what was available and what pricing.  

If you do go to military arms channel webpage he has a link the first month is 99 cents then it's 6.99 a month

Cool. I’ve always wondered about those Caniks. Turks have been making guns for a long time. 

Yeah I've had a few of the stoeger shotguns over the years. Decent guns I'm taking it to my folks tomorrow to do some shooting see how it does

Well shot 102 rounds today 100 speer lawmen 115 fmj and 2 hand loads one was my usual pussycat 115 with 4.3 grains of titegroup the other had 4.7. The 4.7 had noticable more recoil than the .3 but nothing on the lawmen. I've been shooting powder puff loads too much. I used to shoot Winchester 124 NATO all the time. Only problems I had was 2 failure to lock back but i think I might have caused that by riding the slide stop

I’d bet a paycheck that was user induced. I do it all the damn time. 

7 minutes ago, Etho said:

I’d bet a paycheck that was user induced. I do it all the damn time. 

Yeah

And I don't reload, but even if I did, I would always try factory ammo when shooting a gun for the first time. 

Yeah I'm thinking it was user induced as well. I shot mostly factory but these Canik are notorious for wanting really hot ammo the first couple hundred was just curious if mine would cycle my reloads. I'm probably gonna buy 100 rounds every week till I get 500 through it then get some more bullets to reload. Tried doing some loading yesterday but I need to clean up dad's press it wasn't wanting to feed primers for some reason

Not knocking on you, but just for sake of conversation...what’s the thought on loading weak like that? It isn’t really doing any good training wise. Recoil is different so you aren’t building proper muscle memory for recoil control. Which snowballs into a myriad of other problems.

For a small child I get it, adults? No way. Even plinking shoot full loads, no sense in ever getting false confidence.

Edited by Etho

Just hadn't worked up a load yet. Got a good deal on titegroup and even at max which is 4.8 it's still pretty weak. I need to find some better powder but got 8 pounds of it to use up first

1 hour ago, Danatkins said:

Just hadn't worked up a load yet. Got a good deal on titegroup and even at max which is 4.8 it's still pretty weak. I need to find some better powder but got 8 pounds of it to use up first

Gotcha. 

On 5/2/2020 at 6:22 AM, Danatkins said:

I know a quick way to use 8 pounds of powder. No reloading required  😬

On 5/20/2020 at 8:14 AM, JRed said:

I know a quick way to use 8 pounds of powder. No reloading required  😬

he's alive!