Sign in to follow this  
vic_b

New to me 10-22 in the approval process.

Ok... I got bored and decided to check out the inventory in the LGS. They were hit hard in the panic buying frenzy recently. I walk in and I'm greeted warmly by the counter guy. (I think he has a crush on my daughter, who is a gun nut also and frequents this store often too) I'm talking to him and I see a 10-22 on the wall with a butler creek folding stock. I had one just like it back in the day (way back in the day!)  I asked to look at it and it was in rough shape but I could see it had potential, the stock had some rust on it, it was filthy and the rear sight looked like it took a pretty hard hit at one time. But for 200.00 I thought it would be a good project gun. I'm looking around online for stuff for it and I see on Ebay that the same stock is going for 200.00, look some more and another stock (NIB) is selling for 250.00! Can't wait to get my hands on this and clean it up.

ETA: couple more quite a bit cheaper on gunbroker 

Edited by vic_b

Whats the approval process.  Approval from the missus. 😁

Cant go wrong with  them Ruger 10/22s   They have lots of accessories. 

I put a Kidd Inovations Trigger in mine, Best money I ever spent...……………………….ok, Second best.😉

1 hour ago, Meke said:

Whats the approval process.  Approval from the missus. 😁

Cant go wrong with  them Ruger 10/22s   They have lots of accessories. 

Background check 

Some hate them, but it’s still one of the best .22 rifles I’ve ever owned. 

I’ve had quite a few. One I built from a receiver assembly I picked up along the way in Montana. Put a butler creek stock and barrel on it. I taught my kids gun safety and to respect firearms with it. My youngest has it now. It can still shoot the tops off wildflowers at 30 yards. 

I think the hate for them is a hipster type thing. Hate them cause they’re popular. 

I picked it up today. I'm thinking it would be a shot out piece of crap, only good for tossing behind the seat in the truck. Well.... I couldn't be more wrong! There is no wear hardly at all the normal wear points, the hammer still had all the factory bluing and only 2 lines in the receiver wear the bolt hit. It also has what appears to be the factory grease or some sort of preservative on the bolt. I ran a brush down the bore and it only took a couple patches before it was coming out clean. Needless to say I am pleasantly surprised.😁

I didn't tell them about the stock.

You should have a lot of fun with it. I've had several....one I've had since 1975 I think. It's had a bazillion rounds thru it, looks pretty beat , bluing mostly gone but it's still a good shooter.

I've had several myself. I'll go a few months where that's the main rifle I shoot, then it'll sit for awhile and I'll sell it, then start to thinking "Maybe I need another 10/22"

Nice score vic! I've still never owned 1. No reason other than other guns higher on the priority list

I think mine has close to 100k rounds through it now, never replaced anything. They’re great little guns 👍