Danatkins

That could've been bad

I remember training for that in 1983. It was called " Men and a Jeep" . A 3 man team would have a Jeep with a trailer filled with L.A.W. and other Anti Armor Shoulder fired missiles. We had a series of Defensive lines, where we'd ambush their tanks with a barrage of rockets, Hop in the jeep and haul ass for the Next ambush line. 

The idea was to trade land for time so our tanks and A-10 tank killers could get in the fight.

Intel said we had No chance because the Soviets had so much armor. After the Fall, we found out that they kept Everything on inventory since WWII !. Half their shit was obsolete and/or barley capable.

They sure planned on Winning it.

I watched a docu series on youtube I forget where it aired orginally but it was older. It was about the cold war and holy shit they were worried we were gonna attack even though we weren't and same on us we thought they were going to even though they weren't gonna. Was quite comical actually 

I was in the Navy 80-84. Some of the shit that went down on the open ocean was pretty scary. Russian subs surfacing between 2 ships unrepping, a destroyer coming right at us in restricted maneuvers, one Russian ship hit us a glancing blow ripped off about 50 feet of railing and damaged the captain’s gig. All kinds of happy horse shit. 

Its weird how Soviets and the west went from allies kicking nazi ass to enemies in a  short time after WW2.  

43 minutes ago, Meke said:

Its weird how Soviets and the west went from allies kicking nazi ass to enemies in a  short time after WW2.  

We were never really “friends” just on a mutual job. Germany had invaded Russia and was close to kicking their ass and getting a supply of raw materials to finish taking over the world along with Japan. We saw it coming so we started helping them with equipment and other things they needed, then Japan attacked us bringing the US into the war. I think what Russia did to Germany towards the end broke any chance at friendship. They really did some bad things. 

1 hour ago, vic_b said:

We were never really “friends” just on a mutual job. Germany had invaded Russia and was close to kicking their ass and getting a supply of raw materials to finish taking over the world along with Japan. We saw it coming so we started helping them with equipment and other things they needed, then Japan attacked us bringing the US into the war. I think what Russia did to Germany towards the end broke any chance at friendship. They really did some bad things. 

Yeah i heard it was something to do with the Marshall plan after the war.  Europe was broke and the yanks offered to help .  Basically the yanks helped  Germany and Japan  rebuild  and told the commies to go fuck themselves.   Stalin got a bit salty  and said  Righto ,  fuck  you too you cunts.   And thus the cold war began.

12 hours ago, Meke said:

That was all Bullshit, Stalin played FDR like a Fiddle and FDR's Cabinet was riddled with Card Carrying Commies.

They needed our stuff is all. It all came out in Documents after the Fall of the U.S.S. R.