Sign in to follow this  
vic_b

IWI Tavor

Anyone ever shot one? They got to be (IMHO) the ugliest gun I've seen and the bullpup design, it has to be a shitty trigger too. I'm just wondering what the allure is. 

Nope. 

All bull pups are ugly and terrible ergonomics. The only thing they have going for them is the OAL being short and not needing a stamp. 

Haven't shot one personally I've handled one it doesn't actually feel that bad manipulating it. Have shot an AUG but wasn't impressed 

I've never even handled one. I must be old or something, they just don't appeal to me personally. 

42 minutes ago, vic_b said:

I've never even handled one. I must be old or something, they just don't appeal to me personally. 

It isn’t age. I don’t like them either. Other than being shorter there is absolutely nothing better about them. 

I can't get over the trigger on most bullpups. The Tavor is one of the better ones. But as Etho said if you don't need something small then just go with a regular rifle

A kid that just started working with me got to handle and shoot 1. Swears he fell in love with it but couldn't justify the price over an AR.

I've shot quite a bit out of the 5.56 and 9 mm versions.  I don't mind the ergos, but they would take some time for me to get fully used to.  The stock trigger is ass, but there are some good aftermarket triggers available.  Overall, it's way overpriced for me to seriously consider buying one, but I do see their utility in many ways.  However, that utility isn't really what I am looking for or particularly need.  

18 hours ago, Drck said:

I've shot quite a bit out of the 5.56 and 9 mm versions.  I don't mind the ergos, but they would take some time for me to get fully used to.  The stock trigger is ass, but there are some good aftermarket triggers available.  Overall, it's way overpriced for me to seriously consider buying one, but I do see their utility in many ways.  However, that utility isn't really what I am looking for or particularly need.  

Kind of where I'm at with it. I actually like the way it looks but way too much money for me