Sign in to follow this  
Etho

Harvey Flood Photos

Wow!  And is that supposed to be the areas that aren't "that bad"?  I heard some areas have buildings that have water to the roof (single story).  O.o

Lots of helos.  Some look like private helos, as in not fire/rescue or Coast Guard. 

Good to hear of people helping their community.  But with every disaster like this, there are tards taking advantage.  Like those posing as federal agents, ordering folks to evacuate, and then they rob them.  :124: 

Thats amazing.  In a bad way.  Watch out for wanky insurance companies trying to dodge responsibilities. Those fuckers will run and hide.

17 hours ago, Drck said:

Wow!  And is that supposed to be the areas that aren't "that bad"?  I heard some areas have buildings that have water to the roof (single story).  O.o

Lots of helos.  Some look like private helos, as in not fire/rescue or Coast Guard. 

Good to hear of people helping their community.  But with every disaster like this, there are tards taking advantage.  Like those posing as federal agents, ordering folks to evacuate, and then they rob them.  :124: 

Yeah, it is one of the lesser affected places. It was far worse Tuesday evening and night. 

I was doing rescues near where I park my Tahoe at a fire station. A Lenco Bear flooded. My Tahoe was in a parking lot that's 4 ft higher than the street. It had water to the roof. In places there is easily 10 ft of water. 

I'm part of a volunteer team that is supposed to be available to help inspect buildings after disasters, but primarily after earthquakes.  Not sure if we will be tasked with going out to evaluate structures. 

I was listening to some reports of rescues. Now that the water is receding in some areas, it has made rescues tougher where the water is not deep enough to navigate all by boat, but then there are areas that are still too deep for trucks.  Sort of in a messed up way, it was easier to get to more folks when the water was higher. 

That's pretty sobering to see.  Thanks for posting the pics.  The one with the rotor wash is pretty cool.

Did you say that your Tahoe is under water? 

On 9/4/2017 at 4:26 PM, FinFan77 said:

That's pretty sobering to see.  Thanks for posting the pics.  The one with the rotor wash is pretty cool.

Did you say that your Tahoe is under water? 

Was, not anymore of course. Last I saw of it during the flooding it was halfway up the windows in a parking lot with a 2.5' or so positive grade. 

On 9/4/2017 at 5:19 PM, Meke said:

Taking a while for the water to recede. Is that part of texas at sea level or something.

In places it's below. Highest point around here is where I live at 30' above. Average is probably 10' above or so. The biggest problem was we are a water shed for everything north. There are three major rivers within about a 100 miles of each other not to mention hundreds of bayous. All were inundated with water. There was just not enough drainage for the amount of rain that fell. I've heard numbers from 24" to 40" in a matter of 24-36 hours. I was told yesterday morning that the pumps ran for three days straight before any negative drop in water. It was just trying to get out ahead of the flow from up north. 

It's mostly dried out now. Low lying areas are still makeshift ponds or lakes. Refineries are finally dried out enough to start firing up. So hopefully gas prices will stabilize and start to come back down again. All in all it was an experience. About the only way to put it. Probably won't ever experience anything like that again in my lifetime. 

Do you think texans in general handled the disaster pretty good. The civilians that is.  Everyone chip in and get shit sorted sort of thing.  Or was it every man for himself. Dog eat dog.