Danatkins

Concentricy gauge

Could be.  Reading reviews for them, a lot of folks find they don't have enough run-out often enough to justify needing one.  And at least one pointed out that pushing the bullet around to correct the run-out can cause uneven neck tension, and that they fixed their alignment issues by making sure all their case necks were annealed.  

Not being a ninja-level shooter, it's all a moot point to me.  These guys are looking to keep run-out well under .003".  I figure by the time my AR feeds a round out of the mag and up into the chamber, it will end up with that much or more misalignment. xD

But they don't seem all that expensive, and if you're single-loading and have a long-enough range and are a good enough shooter, it can be a valuable tool.  And, it can't hurt to have one to at least keep an eye out for anything that may crop up in the reloading process.

1 hour ago, KZero said:

Could be.  Reading reviews for them, a lot of folks find they don't have enough run-out often enough to justify needing one.  And at least one pointed out that pushing the bullet around to correct the run-out can cause uneven neck tension, and that they fixed their alignment issues by making sure all their case necks were annealed.  

Not being a ninja-level shooter, it's all a moot point to me.  These guys are looking to keep run-out well under .003".  I figure by the time my AR feeds a round out of the mag and up into the chamber, it will end up with that much or more misalignment. xD

But they don't seem all that expensive, and if you're single-loading and have a long-enough range and are a good enough shooter, it can be a valuable tool.  And, it can't hurt to have one to at least keep an eye out for anything that may crop up in the reloading process.

My thoughts on the matter as well. I'm not good enough to bother with a lot of that stuff. 

Unless you're weighing and sorting individual cases and projectiles into poffteenths of a grain weight different batches, a simple roll across across the table top should tell you they're straight enough.