Sign in to follow this  
JRed

Mulholland Hwy and some other garbage

Finally got out for a good ride. I couldn't decide where to go, so I just searched popular rides in LA, and Mulholland Drive and Mulholland Highway came up as absolutely must do. Mulholland Drive is right outside of Hollywood, so I figured I'd cruise through as I'd be in the area. My introduction to Hollywood was a guy on the offramp with a sign that said "HIV Positive, not doing well". No, I bet not. The homeless in Hollywood have actual tents set up on the sidewalk. It is not a nice place. The town apparently keeps a couple blocks on Hollywood Boulevard that have the hot spots cleared of them, but it was a pretty sad looking place. Made my way up to Mul. Dr and it was super busy. Lots of houses, some nice curving roads through the hills. Okay, but too busy. Coming down off the hills, I detoured around to get to Mul Hwy. They are connected, but by a dirt road, and my current bike isn't into that. There's a popular biker hangout called The Rock Store halfway through Mul Hwy, but I was having so much fun and taking so many wrong turns exploring that I never saw it. Eventually I got enough service to check my location and made my way down to the beach. Came out a little bit north of Malibu, and rode the coast down to Santa Monica. Explored the town, and eventually ended up in Venice. Beach towns are alright, and they weren't too busy. SR-1 took me back to LAX, at which point the GoPro didn't want to play anymore, and I had the privilege of the worst traffic I've ever seen coming back on the 91. Towards the LAX end a pickup pulling a trailer had managed to redesign some sedan right in the middle of the damn freeway. So, that was 15ish miles of lanesplitting getting by that. A little west of Riverside, four sedans settled the score and rolled what may have at one point been a suburban, and pretty much shut westbound 91 down. Dunno why that meant more lanesplitting for me going east, but whatever. Between all the wrong turns and exploring and traffic I had 250 miles on the odometer and little longer than 6 hours door to door. Overall, very fun. Once my Dad finishes putting his bike back together (ordering a new rear shock) I'm going to have to drag him up to Mulholland Highway and find that damn Rock Store. Great area. I think my map is accurate, but...

Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 9.59.05 PM.png

3 hours ago, Gran Torino said:

Looks like fun. Everything looks so dry...no wonder shit goes up in no time flat.

Last winter it seemed like it rained five days a week. This winter I think it’s rained twice. :|

Seemed you had the roads to yourself.  Saw that stretched yellow  lamboghini car at  the start .   Ah  Tinsel town cunts.!

I had most of the good roads to myself, which was awesome. Not shown are hundreds of redlights from exploring and 30ish miles of lanesplitting on the way back. Because who wants to remember that? :)

Those first clips are from Hollywood. Weird place. A bazillion tourists in the central area, and heroin addicts literally sprawling across the sidewalks 2 blocks away.