Sign in to follow this  
scotto

Upgrades to the scooter

FWIW - While it's not all that much, I've got about 60K miles on my '00 HD bagger. In that time I've had one repair, and we new it would be coming (known flaw in the early 'Fathead' engines). Otherwise it's been nothing but regular oil changes and topping off the air in the rear shocks.

Not too horrible.

That’s good to read. The last motor units around here(10 years ago at least) before the current ones were HD and they stayed broken. City refused to buy anymore went to BMWs. 

On 3/2/2018 at 11:28 PM, Etho said:

That’s good to read. The last motor units around here(10 years ago at least) before the current ones were HD and they stayed broken. City refused to buy anymore went to BMWs. 

If I didn't ride Harley, I'd ride BMW.

In fact, I still have my '80 R100. Soon as I'm bucks up (any day now I'm sure) I'm going to start a project to rebuild the R100 as an old school cafe' bike.

On 3/15/2018 at 10:19 AM, Janitor said:

If I didn't ride Harley, I'd ride BMW.

In fact, I still have my '80 R100. Soon as I'm bucks up (any day now I'm sure) I'm going to start a project to rebuild the R100 as an old school cafe' bike.

That’d be awesome. I’d like to find an old Japanese 70s “super bike” and build a cafe. Honda CB or Kawasaki KZ would be awesome. Cafe Racers are the best looking bikes to me. And the bobbers based on board track bikes. 

Edited by Etho

17 hours ago, Etho said:

That’d be awesome. I’d like to find an old Japanese 70s “super bike” and build a cafe. Honda CB or Kawasaki KZ would be awesome. Cafe Racers are the best looking bikes to me. And the bobbers based on board track bikes. 

B|

19 hours ago, Etho said:

Kind of what I have in mind ... 

i-nH8QfHG-M.jpg

All it would take is more American dollars than I have at the moment. :) 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Janitor said:

Kind of what I have in mind ... 

i-nH8QfHG-M.jpg

All it would take is more American dollars than I have at the moment. :) 

xD

Fucking money, always getting in the way.  That is sweet looking. 

88BC2378-4F07-4264-B1E7-0E87C1ABB23D.jpeg

Finally the snow stopped and it warmed up enough (50 degrees) to go for a putt. The seat will take some getting use to as I sit further back then the original and affected the reach to the bars. Now I'm thinking mini apes will get me back in the comfort zone, I don't want to go to tall maybe 10" or so. I'm still considering lowering the back 2" with shorter 10.5" shocks and lowering the front 1" with new fork springs..  Not done with this bike yet but I'm getting there..  

Edited by scotto

Little more involved, will have to extend all the wiring and get longer clutch and brake cables. If I go that route I'll probably get new controls (master cylinder,  switch's,  brake and clutch lever, etc.)  

1 hour ago, scotto said:

Little more involved, will have to extend all the wiring and get longer clutch and brake cables. If I go that route I'll probably get new controls (master cylinder,  switch's,  brake and clutch lever, etc.)  

You opened up the “modding” Pandora’s box. Once you start, it becomes never ending. But fun! Haha

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Drck said:

You opened up the “modding” Pandora’s box. Once you start, it becomes never ending. But fun! Haha

LoL, I thought the same thing; the new windshield was shorter then the old one so I need a lower seat, the lower seat sits back further then the old one so I need different bars, the new bars are taller then the old one so I need longer cables, If I'm getting new cables I might as well get new controls, etc, etc etc.... ha ha ha..

Oh well I don't ever planning on selling this old bike even if I was to get a newer one so I want to get it right.  

1 hour ago, Drck said:

When are you gonna go on a road trip with Red?  :D

xDI think we’d have to meet somewhere. Whole lotta nothing interesting in between us. Well, except Colorado. That’s fun riding. 

• Like 1

That is a really cool motorcycle. I’m not much into Harley’s but it is nice and I’d ride it

• Like 1