Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Janitor

New (2me) ride

Recommended Posts

Thanks!

Oscar was in the house while I came out to do some work (like get my crap out of the lesbian rig). I'll have to get that shot though. :)

When he comes along, Oscar will ride in the cab.  With the back seats flipped up there's enough room for him to dance if he likes.

 

Sondra texted me a couple phonepix of it that she took when we were down in Northfield for breakfast this morning - 

i-WqWtSR2-X2.jpg

i-NzkS7hw-X2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like them trucks.  Mean looking  manly trucks with heaps of room.  Unfortunately we only get the baby ranger in rhd .

Wish ford would release the  factory f150  down here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Meke said:

I like them trucks.  Mean looking  manly trucks with heaps of room.  Unfortunately we only get the baby ranger in rhd .

Wish ford would release the  factory f150  down here. 

the ranger is built on the F150 chassis and the cab is only 10% smaller than the F150 

but a F150 would be nice if they wern't so fucken pricey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Blae said:

the ranger is built on the F150 chassis and the cab is only 10% smaller than the F150 

but a F150 would be nice if they wern't so fucken pricey

You sure?   Those f150s are massive bloody things.  They seem wider at the wheel base than rangers.  Your bt50 is basically a ranger isn't it?

I'd like a f150 raptor chassis and body with a  landcruiser turbo diesel in it ,  or that donk out of the old nissan safaris.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Blae said:

The bt50 was a rebadged ranger now the bt50 is a dmax

So ford ,mazda and isuzu are  all in bed together.  I thought  dmax was in with the holden GM crowd.

All those car manufactures  chop and change you can keep up with who is who.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Meke said:

So ford ,mazda and isuzu are  all in bed together.  I thought  dmax was in with the holden GM crowd.

All those car manufactures  chop and change you can keep up with who is who.

Ford and Mazda are parting ways 

Isuzu and Mazda are bumping uglies now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Gran Torino said:

Saweeet! Love those things. If I was still working I'd have one.

I'm kind of on the same page.

I'm not far away from my own retirement so I picked this up while the pickn up was good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JRed said:

I approve of your music choice. And the truck is cool too. 

LOL - I had to go back and sort out what I was listening to when I took the snaps. 

And thanks. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Blae said:

the ranger is built on the F150 chassis and the cab is only 10% smaller than the F150 

but a F150 would be nice if they wern't so fucken pricey

Not here to argue that point - I'm certain I don't know at all.

I'm not sure when they stopped selling the Ranger here in the US, but it's been a few years. Back then they were clearly smaller than my Dodge Dakota, and next to the F150 that would have looked like the midsize it was.

I also remember seeing some of the Nissan Safari's in Africa a few years back, and those things looked pretty badass.

 

ETA: And the F150 is pricey. But so are the rest of the 'full size' pickups over here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Janitor said:

Not here to argue that point - I'm certain I don't know at all.

I'm not sure when they stopped selling the Ranger here in the US, but it's been a few years. Back then they were clearly smaller than my Dodge Dakota, and next to the F150 that would have looked like the midsize it was.

I also remember seeing some of the Nissan Safari's in Africa a few years back, and those things looked pretty badass.

 

ETA: And the F150 is pricey. But so are the rest of the 'full size' pickups over here.

I'm just going by what I have read and been told 

When I was looking at the bt50/ranger it was mentioned about the size comparison but you can never trust a car salesman 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Blae said:

I'm just going by what I have read and been told 

When I was looking at the bt50/ranger it was mentioned about the size comparison but you can never trust a car salesman 

It's also entirely possible that the Ranger they sell in the AU is much different than the Ranger they stopped selling in the US 5-6 years ago (or whatever it was).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FinFan77 said:

Good looking truck.  I'm a fan of white.

You did notice that it says FORD on it, right?  :D

:bellylaf:

It's misdirection to keep the thieves away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Blae said:

the ranger is built on the F150 chassis and the cab is only 10% smaller than the F150 

but a F150 would be nice if they wern't so fucken pricey

Uh....no, no it’s not. 

Not here anyway. The Ranger hasn’t existed here in a while and it was a compact truck. Smaller than a Tacoma/HiLux. 

Truck prices have gotten stupid. First one I ever bought was $21k new and while not loaded it wasn’t a work truck model either. Looked at Tundras and such a while back and I was looking at low 40s after talking them down. Even looked for new used and it would only save me a couple thousand. Decided to just keep my Tacoma. 

Edited by Etho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found this.  Theres a wee bit of size difference  but not  as much as i had assumed. The rangers are getting pretty big. 

 

 

naoseb7gqwpetyr6crwo.jpg 

rphy9yajhsqkyna6o1al.jpg

 

The two wheel drive utes are almost the same as the   4wd ute.

image.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Etho said:

That’s definitely not what the Ranger was here. It was a tiny little truck. 

Yeah i know what you mean. my dad has a 1980s single cab version and its the size of a honda accord.

These new ones they bring out around here really are quite big but i always imagined the f150s where way bigger. I dont get to see many f150s in real life.  The new rangers are everywhere.  heres my closest Ford dealership.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They’re supposed to bring those and Broncos back to the US in ‘19 or ‘20.

Damn that Ranger is $47k in USD!!

Edited by Etho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, FinFan77 said:

xD

As long as Oscar likes it. 

Oscar freaking loves it. Well ... he thinks he does.

Mrs Janitor was concerned that he'd have a hard time getting into it (the cab back seat area). I kept my mouth shut, but thought "whu?". She was coming up with schemes to coax him in. Like I could fold up the 40/20 section of seat and she could sit in the remaining 40 seat with a treat to get him in there.

I walked down to get something from the truck night before last, and he came with me. For giggles I opened the back door and flipped the seat up and out of the way and before I got out of the way myself he was in there. Sat in there with his back to me and didn't want to get out. So ... I took him for a short ride, and he was more willing - but not eager - to get out when we got home.

Hard time my ass. He just walked right in. :rofl:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Meke said:

Yeah i know what you mean. my dad has a 1980s single cab version and its the size of a honda accord.

These new ones they bring out around here really are quite big but i always imagined the f150s where way bigger. I dont get to see many f150s in real life.  The new rangers are everywhere.  heres my closest Ford dealership.

 

Cool!

Around here, snorkles aren't as common. They're out there, but they're kind of rare.

I didn't even think of it this morning - I'll try to get back out to the parking ramp and get a photo if/when I get a chance. When I pulled in a while ago, I took a spot next to a 2WD Ranger. The size diff (with the American Ranger) is pretty obvious.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Etho said:

Uh....no, no it’s not. 

Not here anyway. The Ranger hasn’t existed here in a while and it was a compact truck. Smaller than a Tacoma/HiLux. 

Truck prices have gotten stupid. First one I ever bought was $21k new and while not loaded it wasn’t a work truck model either. Looked at Tundras and such a while back and I was looking at low 40s after talking them down. Even looked for new used and it would only save me a couple thousand. Decided to just keep my Tacoma. 

Truck prices have indeed gotten stupid. I paid about 65% of what it went for new, and even that was about 30% more than I paid for my first home. O.o

 

This is my retirement truck or I never would have been able to justify the price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing i notice with your truck and lots of videos i watch of american trucks is you guys dont seem to have mud flaps on your trucks.   Its no big deal but i could imagine following your f150 on a  rainy day or snowy road i'd end up with a face full of gunk. 

You must piss off following cars?  :thumbs2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Meke said:

One thing i notice with your truck and lots of videos i watch of american trucks is you guys dont seem to have mud flaps on your trucks.   Its no big deal but i could imagine following your f150 on a  rainy day or snowy road i'd end up with a face full of gunk. 

You must piss off following cars?  :thumbs2:

Only required equipment once you reach 75 years old. 

Tacomas came with them, but they get pulled off in a hurry. Otherwise they get ripped off. Learned that lesson on the first one I owned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.