Sign in to follow this  
VTD

Tavor shotgun

I don't understand why shotguns are so damn expensive. They aren't complicated. They don't have a lot of machining. But yet they're all expensive as hell. 

I’ve only ever handled one Tavor. I wasn’t impressed. Felt cheap and “plasticky” to me. It was early on in production, but just never did anything for me. 

35 minutes ago, Etho said:

I’ve only ever handled one Tavor. I wasn’t impressed. Felt cheap and “plasticky” to me. It was early on in production, but just never did anything for me. 

Compared to my MSAR I didn't like the Tavor either. 

Wishing I had bought a real AUG now but they weren't available at the time. 

I’ve shot a bunch of bull pups. Steyr, FN something 2000 and Tavor. The Tavor’s trigger was heavy, but otherwise was good. Yeah, the Tavor seemed plasticy, but so was the FN. even worse for the FN. 

I liked the Steyr, but didn’t like that it needed particular mags and not AR mags. 

9 minutes ago, Drck said:

I’ve shot a bunch of bull pups. Steyr, FN something 2000 and Tavor. The Tavor’s trigger was heavy, but otherwise was good. Yeah, the Tavor seemed plasticy, but so was the FN. even worse for the FN. 

I liked the Steyr, but didn’t like that it needed particular mags and not AR mags. 

NATO stocked AUGS and the MSAR E4 take AR mags. 

2 minutes ago, VTD said:

NATO stocked AUGS and the MSAR E4 take AR mags. 

The one I shot took these translucent, almost bubble mags. It was the version with the built in scope. The STG-E4 looks a lot more modern. 

I have both types of stocks. I like using the translucent mags but the AR compatible stock is a lot more practical for sure.

On 2/11/2018 at 8:14 PM, Danatkins said:

It looks almost like a Pancor Jackhammer. About the only bullpup I want is the mdr

The pancor looked a bit cooler. They definitely have visual similarities. 

I wanted an MDR but the ones that have actually been released have had issues and the company seems to be on the shady side.

i had an SRS for a while and it was nice but the magic wore off. Not enough juice for the squeeze.