VTD

I bought a silly shotgun

Yep....shockwave. I had the itch to buy a cheap gun for my birthday and this little bugger found it’s way home with me.

i got it Out to the range and was actually very surprised by how controllable it was using push/pull grip and front bead. I was using estate 00.

I’m thinking it’s not the worst HD/camping gun one could own. 

BF49C84C-8D46-4961-B3D7-DDD9E5049C76.jpeg

I want one just for a good basis for an SBS. Just other important things keep coming up, like an RPRf. :D

One thing at a time. xD

They’re selling braces for them now as well. 

Edited by VTD

I saw that. I did the brace thing with my 9mm. It worked okay enough to get me by till the stamp came in. But nothing beats an actual stock. Although now they’re getting so goddam crafty and bold with those braces I don’t see much reason in stamping a gun. 

Cool.  I had a pistol grip end version. My cousin line up a phesant with it. The recoil gave him a black eye. Cracked me up. :D

5 hours ago, Meke said:

Cool.  I had a pistol grip end version. My cousin line up a phesant with it. The recoil gave him a black eye. Cracked me up. :D

When I was about 18 I had a pistol gripped Remington 870. Gave myself a nice fat lip on the first shot. 

Luckily there were no witnesses and I learned a cheap lesson without losing any teeth. 

Edited by VTD

2 hours ago, Danatkins said:

Ive looked at those a couple times and the funniest part of it my wife wants one more than I do. She loves shotguns

My wife wants the 20ga version. 

7 minutes ago, Danatkins said:

She did til I told her that's one more round to buy. Plus I had youth 870 in 20 and that sob kicked worse than my 12 f that

Those youth guns are brutal. I used one for a while for duck hunting and yeah they hit harder to me. Supposedly the stock is only shorter, I call BS. 

I shot it for years it's okay for a couple boxes doing trap but shoot round of sporting clays with shooting doubles every time. I had a headache for a day and a half after that. I'll never own another 20 gauge

Huh. I just assumed recoil would be minimal. I only ever shot an old 20ga double but that was decades ago and I don’t really remember the recoil one way or another. 

13 minutes ago, Etho said:

I only ever noticed it with the youth guns. Normal size 20s are cake. 

I imagine a lot of it has to do with the overall weight as well.  One of the very things that makes it easier to handle for youth can really work against it if it goes too far.

7 hours ago, Drck said:

How is it shooting with a cheek weld? O.o 

:bellylaf: 

If you push/pull, you can sight right down with the bead and easily nail targets. 

Clint Smith has a YouTube video on technique and effectiveness.

Same principle as a normal PG shotgun then. One thing is for damn sure, it would make a fantastic breaching gun. 

Edited by Etho

19 minutes ago, VTD said:

Nice,

The wood stocked 870's look awesome. 

I'm torn on whether I want to use wood or synthetic when I get the stamp. Wood SBS are bad ass looking. 

1 hour ago, Etho said:

I'm torn on whether I want to use wood or synthetic when I get the stamp. Wood SBS are bad ass looking. 

Yeah, you should go wood

could be i wasnt aware of it but this last franchi o&u seems to be a great great trap gun. i have had a couple older franchi autos that seemed to be well balanced, fast to shoulder, and reliable.