Sign in to follow this  
Etho

SWFA SS 16x42

I'll start a thread now. It should have a range session sometime next week or maybe this weekend if this rifle gets here fast enough. I ordered one for my Ruger Precision Rimfire. I bought a fixed power since I have range limitations but got 16 just in case I get brave and want to beyond 200(my plan is to work up to 200 since .22LR is really reaching it's max). 

Initial impressions are good. I actually bought this from their Sample List which is all trade in, Demo models so on. This one was listed a Grade B. Which means it should show some use. I don't see. Clarity and light gathering seem to be great, not quite as crisp as my Accupoint but very close to it. Solidly built. Turrets have a nice solid click between each adjustment. Focus is easy to use. 

Overall I'm impressed. I may look into one for my 6.5CM when I finally get around to scoping it. 

That should be  plenty. I have a Nikon 3-9 buckmaster on my ruger 10/22. and I'm out to 180 meters with it. I like too shoot Clay pigeons, then break the Pieces after the first shot.

2 hours ago, vic_b said:

I plan to use a Nikon buckmaster 3x9 also. I bet Ruger comes out with a 17hmr soon. 

I’m betting so. It would make more sense. The .17s are probably better for distance than .22LR.

17 hours ago, Dupa220 said:

That should be  plenty. I have a Nikon 3-9 buckmaster on my ruger 10/22. and I'm out to 180 meters with it. I like too shoot Clay pigeons, then break the Pieces after the first shot.

I was messing with it yesterday in the backyard and yeah it’ll be more than enough. 

13 minutes ago, Etho said:

I was messing with it yesterday in the backyard and yeah it’ll be more than enough. 

Do they make that in a variable for less than a Arm and a Leg? 

Next thing i build I'd like to put something like that  on it so i don't have to mess with the spotting scope.

1 hour ago, Dupa220 said:

Do they make that in a variable for less than a Arm and a Leg? 

Next thing i build I'd like to put something like that  on it so i don't have to mess with the spotting scope.

Check what they call the sample list. That’s where I got this one. It was about 25% or so cheaper. I think they had quite a few of the old Generstion SS. 

They have a 3-9 on there. Everything is fixed. 

Edited by Etho

On 3/8/2018 at 10:40 AM, Etho said:

I’m betting so. It would make more sense. The .17s are probably better for distance than .22LR.

My buddy has a 17hmr savage it's a laser out to 200. Nice thing with 22 though is at I think it's 200 it's like wind at 1000 for 308 

Shot with this scope today and I have to say, I’m impressed. I may get an SS for the 6.5CM. It’s every bit as clear as my Trijicon. It’s made in japan so I shouldn’t be surprised, they’ve made quality optics for decades now. 

On 3/9/2018 at 1:44 PM, Danatkins said:

My buddy has a 17hmr savage it's a laser out to 200. Nice thing with 22 though is at I think it's 200 it's like wind at 1000 for 308 

I’m itching to try 200 with a .22. I’ve only done 100 once and it was not easy. Should be a cheap and entertaining challenge. Even for match ammo it’s still significantly cheaper than .308 and 6.5. 

I took a look through this scope at 500 yard and I have to say. I’m quite impressed. It’s very clear at that distance and the narrower field of view helps I think. 

I’m probably going to put this 16 on my CM and get a 10 for my RPRF. It was so damn clear at 500 yards that even at a 1000(farthest I can go) I’ll be able to see just fine. 

Edited by Etho

Done deal. The SSalt mount works great for an AR and my natural cheek weld. So my CM is scoped now and my RPRf is scopeless now.