Danatkins

Well fuck

Taking the daughter home.  Started laughing and got choked, ran off the road and hit a pole. Everyone is okay but I'm pissed at myself right now for wrecking my wife's jeep. Airbags fucking suck dick

0415181657.jpg

0415181658.jpg

Got bag burns on your face? Sometimes they end up looking funny. I worked a wreck one time where a lady looked like she got slapped with a big dick. I felt bad for her but it was very hard not to laugh. 

Glad y’all are okay though. Amazing how well new cars hold up in crashes. 30-40 years ago that would’ve been serious injuries. 

3 minutes ago, Etho said:

Got bag burns on your face? Sometimes they end up looking funny. I worked a wreck one time where a lady looked like she got slapped with a big dick. I felt bad for her but it was very hard not to laugh. 

Glad y’all are okay though. Amazing how well new cars hold up in crashes. 30-40 years ago that would’ve been serious injuries. 

I'll go ahead and laugh for you :bellylaf:

21 minutes ago, Danatkins said:

Haven't looked in a mirror. Idk what shit they use to fire those bags but the wife and I have both been coughing like crazy

Electronic ignited explosion. That's why it smells like it does. Airbags smell very unique after they've popped. 

42 minutes ago, Meke said:

Jeebus.  Good thing youre all okay.  Did the pole come down on top?

Yeah that's what caved in the roof it bounced off though

Wow! Glad that everyone is ok. Keep an eye on things for the next few days as things can come up after the adrenaline wears off and other things like whip lash can take time to show. I rolled my 4Runner a few times and I climbed out on my own. Went to ER and was cleared. Got home and took a shower and then the pain hit. 

And you “got choked”? 

And I got punched by an airbag when my friend wrecked his Bimmer. Yeah, that smell was strange. My buddy had some burns on his forearm. I just got a few scrapes and i think the airbags pushed my hands into my face as I think I put my hands up in anticipation of the crash. 

5 hours ago, Gran Torino said:

Glad you're okay...you haven't even made a payment on that thing yet have you?

1 payment

5 hours ago, vic_b said:

When I got punched with an airbag I described it like getting it in the face with pillow wrapped 4x4. 

Yeah felt like a 2x4 across my shins

6 hours ago, Meke said:

Dose airbag smell anything like what smokeless powder does  ?  Totall different sbstance eh

Kind of an electric fire smell. Wife said said she saw a little fire inside the steering wheel while I was getting my bearings

Be sure to let us what ridiculous amount the utility company charges for the pole. Best I’ve seen is $250,000 to replace shrubbery along a highway. 

13 hours ago, Drck said:

Wow! Glad that everyone is ok. Keep an eye on things for the next few days as things can come up after the adrenaline wears off and other things like whip lash can take time to show. I rolled my 4Runner a few times and I climbed out on my own. Went to ER and was cleared. Got home and took a shower and then the pain hit. 

And you “got choked”? 

Totally missed this reply for some reason

I was laughing and that went to coughing trying to catch my breath. Basically choking for air. 

27 minutes ago, Danatkins said:

Totally missed this reply for some reason

I was laughing and that went to coughing trying to catch my breath. Basically choking for air. 

Dayum. Must have been something super funny. 

Glad you’re ok.