Sign in to follow this  
Blae

busy at work

10 minutes ago, Gran Torino said:

I've heard wild hogs and pigs can't look up very easily and it's the best way to stay out of their vision by being above them.

he was a cheeky bastard Don he walked off calmly with the cows and calves hoping I didn't notice him 

8 hours ago, Meke said:

Hes a good eating size  sucker. Stick him in a hangi.

been chewing on wagyu veal I would say 

left him where he fell and will go back in a few weeks for his skull

My friend has a ranch in the Big Island and he says they tear up large areas. Sometimes digging, rooting, or whatever they do. Basically end up with a large crater of dig up dirt. This ranch is more of a homestead, so the tearing up is mostly a nuisance.  

What’s the main concern for your property? Ruining pastures? Competing with the livestock for food? 

9 hours ago, Drck said:

My friend has a ranch in the Big Island and he says they tear up large areas. Sometimes digging, rooting, or whatever they do. Basically end up with a large crater of dig up dirt. This ranch is more of a homestead, so the tearing up is mostly a nuisance.  

What’s the main concern for your property? Ruining pastures? Competing with the livestock for food? 

wallowing in dams and waterholes mostly drck dirtying up the water that cattle drink 

occasionally they will take down a calf 

most of all they are fun to chase and shoot

2 hours ago, Blae said:

wallowing in dams and waterholes mostly drck dirtying up the water that cattle drink 

Do the pigs  carry any dieseases over in oz ?.   TB and other nasty shit.

3 hours ago, Blae said:

They take down a calf? Wow!

I would love to help with those kinds of culling operations. 

9 hours ago, Drck said:

They take down a calf? Wow!

I would love to help with those kinds of culling operations. 

new born calves 

mum will often hide them in the scrub while she goes off for a feed or a drink 

i thought of you last  night when i rocked up to my old mans house. I got out of the truck at 7pm in the dark and this big black steer was standing  right behind the truck. Never even heard the cunt or saw him when i pulled in. Fucken thing gave me a hell of a fright as it was pitch black and unexpected. apprently this one cunt plays up in the dark and knows how to get over electric fences.  Then there was a possum eating fish out of the cats bowl at 8 pm and didnt give two fucks.  And there are  bloody pukekos all over the front lawn and not giving two shits about humans.

The 22lr is gonna sing tonight. time to restore law and order on this farm.  The old man goes to bed at 8pm and all these critters start acting up.

Don't get me started on the stray cat and four kittens living in a tyre   

oh, and i got rammed by a goat on the passenger side door. fucken hell.  Fucken hell. been away three years and animals think they are top of the food chain.

On 4/27/2018 at 4:30 AM, Blae said:

not really hunting as I was standing above him as he hid in a gully 

20180427_094456[2].jpg

20180427_094604[1].jpg

That's how Dan got his first wife

4 hours ago, Satchmo said:

That's how Dan got his first wife

what by taking her pig shooting or did she put one behind his ear while he hid in a gully?

10 hours ago, Blae said:

what by taking her pig shooting or did she put one behind his ear while he hid in a gully?

Na, he just bagged a 500 pound sow :lol:

this sow soaked up some lead before she expired

first shot was to the big black bit that filed the scope
2nd and 3rd were texas heart shots as she crawled away
and a final shot to the back of the head

20180514_1216261.jpg

the other 7 shots went into a mob of suckers about the size of guinea pigs some I hit some I missed but I had fun

20 hours ago, vic_b said:

Are they hiring? I can relocate!

there was a position for a tutor but a little red haired welsh girl showed up today 

7 hours ago, Blae said:

there was a position for a tutor but a little red haired welsh girl showed up today 

Is that’s good thing? Or bad? 

16 hours ago, Drck said:

Is that’s good thing? Or bad? 

not that I am fussy when it comes to redheads but this one has some serious fankals/cankals 

wasn't sure if this sow was fat from feasting on wagyu or up the duff 

ran the knife up her belly and discovered it was both 

preg sow.jpg

20 hours ago, vic_b said:

No matter, I couldn't get my wife to move across town, much less around the world.

you could leave her at home 

49 minutes ago, Gran Torino said:

:bellylaf: I've done that....it's one of the reasons I was married 3 times.

you can't live with them, you can't shoot them, but life is much better without them 

21 minutes ago, Blae said:

you can't live with them, you can't shoot them, but life is much better without them 

22 minutes ago, Blae said:

Wait what? you can't shoot 'em? Is that an Aussie thing?:lol:

On 5/15/2018 at 2:28 AM, Blae said:

7 hours ago, Blae said:

not that I am fussy when it comes to redheads but this one has some serious fankals/cankals 

Damn, there went that mental fantasy. 

8 hours ago, Gran Torino said:

Wait what? you can't shoot 'em? Is that an Aussie thing?:lol:

well you're not allowed too as opposed to can't 

2 hours ago, FinFan77 said:

Damn, there went that mental fantasy. 

ruined the whole thing for me too Fin :(

a funny story about a black cat
saw a black cat creeping away from a trough today out of the corner of my eye as I was shutting a gate
we both played the if you don't look at me I won't look at you game
it was being played successfully until he heard the bolt closing on the No4 in 3oh270
he took off at mk1 as I lined him up in the scope and squeezed the trigger at about the moment in time when the 150 grain projectile was due to impact with his head there was a sudden and dramatic change in direction, working the action at speed I fired again and saw dirt kick up just behind him so I quickly worked the action and fired again seeing dirt fly up close enough that he needed a change of grundies, shots 4 and five also caused a colour change in his underwear.
I walk over to where I last saw him hoping to find a body or at least a blood trail as I thought the first shot hit him which caused the change in direction, looking around some fallen timber I saw some blood and then noticed I was almost standing on top of what I thought was a cat carcass, it was then that he turned and looked at me with a bloody messed up face I closed the bolt to deliver the coup de grace when the bloody thing took off again at mk4 I fired again as he bolted down a gully and again as he came up the other side the 8th shot missed him by a mile as I was a bit eager and fucked up the shot, the ninth shot saw him change course again with his tail going in the opposite direction
I ended up with a pocket full of empty shells and half a cat tail, but I will sleep well tonight knowing that with half his face missing he won't be killing any more birds or lizards