Sign in to follow this  
Etho

Enfield Jungle Carbine

is it a no 5 or a no 4 with a cut down forend 

depending on the maker the top hand guard should be grooved and there should be a metal tip on the stock 

this is my no 4 in 303-270 done up as a carbine, I have a flash hider to put on the end of it but I don't want to chop the barrel as it shoots too bloody good to risk altering it 

2016-01-03 14.00.11_zpscotepquj.jpg

20180427_094604[1].jpg

I’m not sure. This is only the second Enfield I’ve ever even handled/shot so I don’t much about them. My brother in law is a pretty smart buyer so I would assume he looked for all of the details that make it legit. 

Brother in law said is a Faserley(he wasn’t sure on spelling but said it’s crazy spelling compared to how it’s said)and a No 5, not a cut down No 4. 

All I know is it’s fun to shoot albeit a little left. Milsurps have not done anything for me to be honest, but I have to admit this is probably the nicest bolt action milsurp I’ve ever shot/messed with. Even more so than a Springfield 03. The bolt is smooth as glass and short along with a short throw. I was surprised considering the length of the .303 cartridge.

Edited by Etho

Anyone know how to remove the firing pin  of these lee enfields without the special tool? 

13 hours ago, Meke said:

Anyone know how to remove the firing pin  of these lee enfields without the special tool? 

You need a firing pin removal tool 

You can make one using a deep socket with slots cut in it 

Remove the keeper screw at the back end first 

2 hours ago, Blae said:

You need a firing pin removal tool 

You can make one using a deep socket with slots cut in it 

Remove the keeper screw at the back end first 

Excellent idea.  I found someone on line that made a tool using a 6mm socket and dremel .  It  looks legit.   Amazon want 30 bucks for the tool and reviews say they are as weak as american beer and break easily.

4 hours ago, Blae said:

Yep all good. That 22 pound and postage is like 60 bucks.  Im too cheap to spend that .  Im wanting to make the jungle clone i have into a non  firing wall hanger.   So a real gun thats  bolted  to the wall in my old mans  man cave room. The old man doesnt have a gun license so i need to disable it..   I'll hide the fire pin incase some asshole flogs it.

On 6/30/2019 at 12:14 PM, Meke said:

Excellent idea.  I found someone on line that made a tool using a 6mm socket and dremel .  It  looks legit.   Amazon want 30 bucks for the tool and reviews say they are as weak as american beer and break easily.

They have some pretty strong US beers. In the 10-14% range. They def sneak up on you. 

2 hours ago, Blae said:

14% is a lite beer down here

Yeah uh huh, I’m sure it is.