Sign in to follow this  
Etho

Picture Thread....AR, AK, FAL....

On 7/13/2017 at 10:09 PM, Several said:

Fuck I love that Garand.

If we had some hardcore purists on the board you'd have gotten a lengthy tongue lashing for confusing an M1A and/or Mini-14 with a Garand. 

On 7/13/2017 at 10:08 PM, Several said:

Damn Etho, are they all yours?

Yeah. All in my safe, along with others. 

59 minutes ago, Meke said:

Thumpers  mini 14 or is it 30 kinda looks like a tricked out garand at first glance.

Other than the magazines they do. Heavily based on the M14 which was based on the Garand.

That is a Mini 14.  I am no purist, so I take no umbrage with your comment, and a I appreciate the compliment!  (That is my wife's rifle).  Tons of fun to shoot.

The other rifle (top pic) could pass as a modified slr. The mag and housing plus the barrel end looks the same. The upside down gas tube and cover looks m1a. We don't get to see too many in these neck of the woods.

21 minutes ago, Meke said:

The other rifle (top pic) could pass as a modified slr. The mag and housing plus the barrel end looks the same. The upside down gas tube and cover looks m1a. We don't get to see too many in these neck of the woods.

I don't ever think much of what we can own here until you guys post. Take it granted I guess. I'll have to take an AR family photo one of these days. By far the most of what I've got. That and Glocks

I can get these long arms, is a bit harder in Australia. The American made m14s don't come up for sale too often and its too cost prohibited at the moment to import from usa. Your looking at  $300 just for state department stamp.

The chinese clone m1a's were easily avaliable. But who wants a chinese ripoff. Its like a harly davidson made in Taiwan.

6 minutes ago, Meke said:

I can get these long arms, is a bit harder in Australia. The American made m14s don't come up for sale too often and its too cost prohibited at the moment to import from usa. Your looking at  $300 just for state department stamp.

The chinese clone m1a's were easily avaliable. But who wants a chinese ripoff. Its like a harly davidson made in Taiwan.

Y'all definitely have it better than the Aussies.

I'll play...some oldies and yes...they are left handed.

My old Stag Arms 16"...has maybe 5K through it.

35582783990_1ec3870128_b.jpg

My right fine Benelli M2

35131834484_bb7a09c409_b.jpg

35131838494_c69c28615f_b.jpg

6.5 Grendel

35131856464_577f0fc282_b.jpg

35582837970_f21de22e5f_b.jpg

My winter carry

35131870084_f01fddb8a1_b.jpg

Range toy

35839101941_81fe937233_b.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Etho said:

Y'all definitely have it better than the Aussies.

That's for sure. To be honest before I joined gun forums I assumed the Aussies had more guns than we do. I mean it's Australia for crissakes...not someplace in Europe where you have to jump through your ass just to get a 3" blade.

We have about 8-10 million guns in Australia between about 1.2 million gun owners.

A mate of mine is a dealer/gunsmith and has an awesome collection, 2 40' shipping containers full to the brim with everything you could imagine. One end wall is all WW2 guns, M1s Thompsons MP40s Lugers etc etc and every type of bolt gun and a big beautiful vickers gun on its tripod. But he's a registered dealer and collector, a lot are on a collectors license which I believe means just that, collection, not allowed to lawfully use them even at a range. Of course you are only allowed to use a handgun at a range if you have a license for handguns, get caught with one in a hunting or even plinking targets on the farm and at the very least you will lose ALL your firearms and maybe spend a few years behind bars.

to get a pistol license you need to be a member of a club, 6 months probation before you are allowed to buy 2 pistols rim fire or air pistol, after 12 months you are a full license holder and buy centre fires. Oh and you MUST compete in a minimum of 6 comps a year to keep the license. Plus storage at home needs to be like a fort fucking Knox and also a lockable steel box bolted into your vehicle for transport to and from the range only, no stops no detours or they'll take your guns once again.

A woman recently had her license revoked and guns taken because she posted a picture on FB of her holding a rifle with her 4yr old girl on her lap, the kids hand was resting on the end of the butt and she was deemed no longer a fit and proper person to own a gun as kids need to be at least 12 yr and hold a minors certificate.

Pretty fucked hey.

On 7/16/2017 at 9:47 PM, Meke said:

I had one of the Chinese M1a actually of you swap out some GI parts their better than a Springfield. Don't know how easy y'all can get GI m14 parts down there though

37 minutes ago, Danatkins said:

I had one of the Chinese M1a actually of you swap out some GI parts their better than a Springfield. Don't know how easy y'all can get GI m14 parts down there though

Yeah i bet they are sweet rifles, the chinese ones. not knocking them at all. It's  a bit of snobbery i guess. Rather have a yank built M1  like i'd rather have an aussie made boomarang.

Oh the m1 is different I wouldn't have a knockoff garand won't even buy one of the new ones Springfield did a few years back they had problems. Give me a late ww2 or Korean war m1 anyday