The Glock 26 is a damn fine sub-compact pistol. I love mine, always have and always will. It is my main concealed carry pistol aside from my little LCP which is just a pure comfort thing. The Glock 26 has a damn respectable capacity at 10+1, fits in a pocket if one absolutely needs it to and carries pretty well IWB. The magazines from a 19, 17 and even an 18 stick mag fit. That's always been the biggest draw in my opinion. Carry 10+1 onboard and have 15, 17, 33 rounds available in a reload. That's a huge bonus. 

So what's the downside for some people, no weapon light. This may not seem like a big deal but threat ID is big for everyone, or should be anyway. Weather it be from a flashlight or a weapon light. There's downsides to ONLY a weaponlight but that's another conversation for another day. So the Glock 26 can't have a weaponlight in the traditional sense because it doesn't have a rail. 

Enter the Streamlight TLR-6. So how well does it work? It's 100 lumens. By todays standards....weak as fuck. By 10 years ago standards...normal. So it is useable since it isn't battling the sun for brightest fucking thing ever? Absofuckinglutely it is. It is in my opinion at least. I also think I have some qualification to say whether it is or not considering I carried/used/shot a pistol at minimum 4 nights a week in the dark for close to 10 years. If anyone feels otherwise, well okay. But I've been there and done that in the dark a couple times and believe this light gets it done at DISTANCES RELATIVE TO IT'S INTENDED PURPOSE.

It secures to the trigger guard as opposed to the dust cover. Not the most secure, but it does work. The only real movement I got was you can pull it down from the "nose" of it but not off. You can see it fitted here. The buttons on the side but turn it on/off. IMG_0229.jpg

The screws which clamp it around the trigger guard are seen here. There's three. 

IMG_0230.jpg

This is what it looks like in my room inside the house. Very typical interior lighting. Actually this room typically has more light since the monitor for our cameras is in here. But I turned it off just to give a little better idea of how well it works. IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

This is outside in my yard. I'm pointing my phone/camera to the back corner of my yard, probably 20-25 yards away. Before and after of course. Again, very typical lighting situation in an urban environment. IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

So is it acceptable for a pistol, especially a non-railed subcompact pistol. Yeah...it is. Very much so. Anyone who says it isn't, is a dumbass in my opinion. Is it bright enough for long range use with a rifle or similar, no but it isn't meant to be either. Those bright as the fucking sun lights have their place, but sometimes it's okay to have less depending on the use. This is one of those times when a small 100 lumen light works just fine. It easily lights a room inside a house and easily lights up a yard at 20ish yards away. 20 yards is further than most people can even reliably hit with a handgun much less a sub-compact or pocket pistol like an LCP, BodyGuard, XDS and so on. 

Edited by Etho

I got one of those Surefire X300 lights for my 19. Bright as the damn sun, but weighs a ton, and the holster for it became ridiculous. It now lives on the SBR. Need something like this for when I can actually carry again. 

Might be a little small for a 19. I don’t know if it would work either. The Inforce WMLx is a good sized light for a 19 and Streamlight has the TLR4 I think it is. 

Honestly I’d rather it be smaller. If it weighs so much I end up walking in circles, I won’t carry it. xD That tlr4 would be nice without the laser 

2 hours ago, JRed said:

Honestly I’d rather it be smaller. If it weighs so much I end up walking in circles, I won’t carry it. xD That tlr4 would be nice without the laser 

I don’t think it will work at all. The TLR6 is meant/intended for pistols without a rail. It’s a decently solid attachment but nothing like a rail. If I had a rail I’d be using a myriad of other small lights. 

1 hour ago, Etho said:

I don’t think it will work at all. The TLR6 is meant/intended for pistols without a rail. It’s a decently solid attachment but nothing like a rail. If I had a rail I’d be using a myriad of other small lights. 

Ah, gotcha. I think I need something like that Surefire XC1. Just, you know. Cheaper  

1 hour ago, JRed said:

Ah, gotcha. I think I need something like that Surefire XC1. Just, you know. Cheaper  

Insight WMLx. I’ll take a pic of it on my wife’s 19. 

1 hour ago, Etho said:

Insight WMLx. I’ll take a pic of it on my wife’s 19. 

Poking around on their website, it looks like they’ve got a model specifically fitted to a 19. APLc Glock. That might be the ticket. 

From the pics, looks like plenty of light for a pistol. I have X300 on my Glock 17. That was the original version before the ultra and those are plenty of light. I want to say those are 180-200 lumens. Those are plenty of light for inside homes and even had one on a long gun too. They don’t sell them anymore though. Only the Ultras now, which are in the 500-600 lumen range, depending on which version. 

I want to try the Surefire XC1 as well, but then I’d have to get holster for that combination.  Though I like that it’s MUCH more compact. 

Haven’t tried the Inforce lights. But I’ve heard good things about the updated versions. 

2 hours ago, JRed said:

Poking around on their website, it looks like they’ve got a model specifically fitted to a 19. APLc Glock. That might be the ticket. 

That’s it. I had the letters wrong but that’s the model on my wife’s 19. And yeah it’s Inforce, not Insight. I don’t Insight even exists anymore.

Edited by Etho

Yeah, that's pretty damn bright to me.  I have a little 100 lumen pen light and it's plenty bright when it's dark.  Your pics showed pretty clearly that it will light up what you need to see, Compact too. 

1 hour ago, Etho said:

That’s it. I had the letters wrong but that’s the model on my wife’s 19. And yeah it’s Inforce, not Insight. I don’t Insight even exists anymore.

Well, thanks for the pointer, because that seems to be exactly what I was looking for 

1 hour ago, Danatkins said:

Been eyeing one of those for our g26. Got a tlr1s that goes on the 17 at night 

You don’t leave the light on the pistol?

Haven't gotten a holster for it so it gets put on at night. I'm gonna get a 19 later this year and get a little smaller light for it and the 17 is gonna get moved out of the rotation. I've carried the 17 with a light in an owb it's just too big for carry with a light

14 minutes ago, Danatkins said:

Haven't gotten a holster for it so it gets put on at night. I'm gonna get a 19 later this year and get a little smaller light for it and the 17 is gonna get moved out of the rotation. I've carried the 17 with a light in an owb it's just too big for carry with a light

Thought you were being spastic OCD about it or something. Yes I watched someone recently take the light off of their pistol and proceed to use it in a holster designed to be used with a light. The pistol hit the concrete and there was absolutely no reason for this at all.

Edited by Etho

48 minutes ago, Etho said:

Thought you were being spastic OCD about it or something. Yes I watched someone recently take the light off of their pistol and proceed to use it in a holster designed to be used with a light. The pistol hit the concrete and there was absolutely no reason for this at all.

What the hell?

7 hours ago, Etho said:

Maybe he thought he had a holster like my blackhawk on my battle belt it locks into the chamber area of the slide. Or maybe he was just inept

10 minutes ago, Danatkins said:

Maybe he thought he had a holster like my blackhawk on my battle belt it locks into the chamber area of the slide. Or maybe he was just inept

Safariland locks the same way. Just without the light it can rotate backwards. Loaded magazine, pistol not seated all the way in the holster and away it goes.

7 hours ago, JRed said:

What the hell?

I still don’t know why he removed the light. Yes it was day time and no the light wasn’t needed. But why take it off? His holster is a light bearing holster, he carries it with a light so logic tells one that shooting drills with the light attached is probably smarter. I asked why and he got pissy and told me “that’s just what I do”. 

I suspect it has something to do with the carbon fouling on the light lense. He’s one of those very particular people about cleanliness. To a fault actually.

Made no sense to me and still doesn’t. But whatever. This was the same guy, same day too, who threw his AR magazine across the range because he didn’t know a malfunction drill. Last time he’s ever gone with me or will ever go. 

Edited by Etho

2 hours ago, Etho said:

I still don’t know why he removed the light. Yes it was day time and no the light wasn’t needed. But why take it off? His holster is a light bearing holster, he carries it with a light so logic tells one that shooting drills with the light attached is probably smarter. I asked why and he got pissy and told me “that’s just what I do”. 

I suspect it has something to do with the carbon fouling on the light lense. He’s one of those very particular people about cleanliness. To a fault actually.

Made no sense to me and still doesn’t. But whatever. This was the same guy, same day too, who threw his AR magazine across the range because he didn’t know a malfunction drill. Last time he’s ever gone with me or will ever go. 

Oh, that guy. Never mind, that answers all my questions  xD

20 minutes ago, JRed said:

Oh, that guy. Never mind, that answers all my questions  xD

?

Exactly. 

550 has had one mag fired. Bought it a month ago new Im selling because I bought a mp shield ported and love it glocks been cleaned and collecting dust.