Danatkins

Not all modern engineers are idiots

So the meme J-Dub posted about the oil filters in the meme thread got me worrying how the wife's jeep was gonna be. So I googled it and thats the easiest oil change I've done lol only funny thing is the "skid plate" it's a fiber board for best description aint gonna deflect shit. 

Anyhow this is how simple the procedure is. 

http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/Jeep-Cherokee-Tigershark-Engine-Oil-Change-Guide/

Is your modern engineer thing regarding the skid plate? Or is it because the oil change was easy?

In any case, often times, the biggest problem modern engineers encounter is user error. 

My $68.00 starter went out last week and it cost me $380.00 to fix it , because someone designed it so I'd have to Disconnect the exhaust pipe to get clearance to remove the Starter! :D 

I think The Engineer's are in league with the Service Depts and the Devil!!!!!!:bellylaf:

Ships are mostly built and put together like a jigsaw puzzle. I had to change a coupling on a pump once and I was working literally 2” from my nose. If I could’ve lifted the whole assembly out from under the deck plates I would’ve! I ran into a lot of those. On the pathfinder class ship I redesigned the whole reverse osmosis unit. When I got done you could work on anything on it easily. 

Hilux and Navara diesel engine oil filters are easy to change . The only real cunty thing about them is they are side mounted so you will end up with spillage regardless of working from the top or underneath. No big deal if you have an old towel handy.

9 minutes ago, Meke said:

Hilux and Navara diesel engine oil filters are easy to change . The only real cunty thing about them is they are side mounted so you will end up with spillage regardless of working from the top or underneath. No big deal if you have an old towel handy.

Thats the way my 4.0 jeep I6 is. I just put the drain pan under the filter after draining the oil pan and let the filter fall into the pan. One thing I'll say about jeep even the newer ones are easily worked on by normal jo without too much trouble