Sign in to follow this  
JRed

Palomar Mountain with Padre

Actually managed to get a ride in with my dad yesterday. Between the various states of disrepair his bike is usually in and my infrequent visits home this summer, it worked out really well, and we had a blast. We started with the intention of just doing the loop around Palomar mountain but when we passed the turn off for the back road up it, we doubled back and gave it shot, since neither of us had been up that way. It was great. A lot better temps than the desert, the pavement wasn't bad, and there was very little traffic. Most of the video is going up. We came down the main way, which has some pretty tight hairpin turns, so I edited most of that out. Looks boring because we ain't good enough to make those corners look fun. xD It was a good trip though. Had lunch at the top of Palomar, at what turned out to be a vegetarian cafe (yeah, what?), and then made a wrong turn heading to Oceanside and tacked on a few extra miles. And then when we got there, are barbecued my feet waking barefoot across the parking lot. And then barbecued the rest of me falling asleep on the beach. Good day.

Palomar Mountain to Oceanside.png

2 hours ago, dbinthecountry said:

Really pretty country up there Red.

I was happy to still see some green up there.