Sign in to follow this  
Meke

Outdoor show

22 minutes ago, JRed said:

Etho is going to give you so much shit for taking a pic of a Hi Point ?

Funny thing was,  next to it was a ruger 22lr  and i thought it looked kinda gay next to the high point. Its a heavy feeling lump of a  pistol .

I wouldn't harass him so much, he doesn't know anything about handguns at all. But those dealers should be ashamed of themselves. Who the fuck shows off a Hi-Point at a gunshow? The bigger and more important question though is who spent the money and effort to import that garbage?

How much were they asking for that Pile O'Shit Meke? I see they ask $750 for the Ruger 22/45, which is about 100% more than here. 

Edited by Etho

28 minutes ago, JRed said:

That is... a lot. I think they’re around 100 bucks here. 

Whoa thats cheap.   I think prices are relative to the market they are set in i suppose. For instance that belt feed russian machine gun above the pic of the pigs head was around $3k nz.  Probably be worth way more than $1500 us in america i would assume.

I don't know enough about MGs to know what that is, but yeah. Assuming it could be acquired here, it'd be cost prohibitive more most of us. Like, probably cheaper to buy a new car.

PK or PKM, probably? Looking at wikipedia, it's possible a few made it here before the import ban. I'm betting if there were any available for private sale here, it'd be sort of a "send your kid to a nice college for four years, or buy this gun" type of cost.

MarColMar makes semi PKMs. They’re about $5k. 

Parts kits are everywhere though. 

Edited by Etho

11 hours ago, Etho said:

MarColMar makes semi PKMs. They’re about $5k. 

Parts kits are everywhere though. 

Saw an MG53 at a store last week, replica of course.  $7k for semi. 

2 hours ago, Danatkins said:

Hey I'll get you some of the cool stuff from up here if you can get me that blue Hi-Lux with the shell on it. Wish we had those here

That blue truck is a Landcruiser 70 . 4.5 liter turbo diesel . Way more capable than a hilux.

Ah ok. A land cruiser truck now that's cool. I just wish we had more diesels over here in general you guys get all the smaller diesel trucks and Europe gets all the diesel cars. Lol

36 minutes ago, Danatkins said:

Ah ok. A land cruiser truck now that's cool. I just wish we had more diesels over here in general you guys get all the smaller diesel trucks and Europe gets all the diesel cars. Lol

yeah its funny like that.   I havnt seen a gasoline pick up in years.  Those hilux in the pics and the mazda bt50 in the first pic are all turbo diesels.    They go pretty good too.  Heaps of real world power and torque.  Seems to be more of them coming out in automatic gearbox too with the cheaper base line models keeping the manual gearbox. 

Dam, i should of taken some pics of the Ford Ranger.  They are some sexy looking trucks when kitted out with bull bars and lift kits and big chunky tires on them.

45 minutes ago, Danatkins said:

I think all trucks should come option with manual and diesel. A bull bar is pretty much a requirement around here with all the deer

I'm betting before we die the only option is electric.