Danatkins

New run and gun optic

My Burris rt6 with pepr mount and fast fire 3 showed up. Got a 50% discount coupon from the prize table so ordered this so I can actually see the targets at farther distance when in wooded areas and scrub at matches. Haven't been to the range but just dry practice mounting the rifle and checking it out I like it. 

1st pic is at 1x no illumination 2nd is at 6x with illumination at 3. For a rainy nasty day through a dingy 2nd story window not bad lol. I'm liking Burris more and more

1201181117_HDR~2.jpg

1201181121b_HDR~2.jpg

Capture+_2018-12-01-11-17-07.png

Burris has models that are really well made. Im beyond happy with my XTR II. Im trying to sell my Trijicon and buy another actually. 

That glass does look pretty clear. The photo seems to not do it justice based on the 6x clip. 

Edited by Etho

5 hours ago, Danatkins said:

Gotta love Burris glass

It’s not the best, but it’s definitely above its weight class that’s for sure. SWFA stuff is as well. 

That's no lie. When I was doing my ladder test for my 308 there was a guy running a Bergara with a 10x swfa man that thing was crystal clear. I'd always heard how nice they were but 1st time looking through one

1 minute ago, Danatkins said:

That's no lie. When I was doing my ladder test for my 308 there was a guy running a Bergara with a 10x swfa man that thing was crystal clear. I'd always heard how nice they were but 1st time looking through one

I’ve got a 16x on my Ruger precision rim fire. I’ve been considering moving it to my 700 and buying a 10x for my Ruger Precision rimfire. 16 is a bit much for that thing. Especially since I only pop steel. I don’t need a ton of magnification. 

I’ve heard good things about Burris. I don’t own any, but I’ve shot some guns with them in the 1-4x and they seemed like decent budget optics. 

They're kind of like Vortex they run the gamut from budget on up. Our cousin has a fullfield on his 6.5 and it's better than anything else in the price range