Sign in to follow this  
Etho

Mossberg Unveils Handgun: MC1sc

While I look forward to trying most new handgun offerings, I don’t think I’d buy one. Maybe if they prove to be awesome and something the bigger brands don’t offer. I can’t see stuff like holsters and extra mags being easy to come by. 

Interesting that they seem to have made the safe takedown thing a feature of this handgun. I recall at least another handgun that came out in the past few years with that as a “main” feature. 

22 hours ago, Drck said:

While I look forward to trying most new handgun offerings, I don’t think I’d buy one. Maybe if they prove to be awesome and something the bigger brands don’t offer. I can’t see stuff like holsters and extra mags being easy to come by. 

Interesting that they seem to have made the safe takedown thing a feature of this handgun. I recall at least another handgun that came out in the past few years with that as a “main” feature. 

It'll probably join the ranks of Taurus, Springfield and other lower end type stuff. While it may be well made and not lower end, I don't think it's gonna come close to knocking Glock, S&W, HK or Sig off of their thrones. Walther and FN are trying. They are stuck in some weird in the middle place where no one dislikes them and they are well thought of but just aren't mainstream. Steyr is there too. 

FN would do better if they were priced differently the 509 tactical is almost 200 more than a Sig m17 and only plus is a threaded barrel. I've not looked at this thing yet but heard rumors it takes Glock mags so that will help it out

18 hours ago, Etho said:

It'll probably join the ranks of Taurus, Springfield and other lower end type stuff. While it may be well made and not lower end, I don't think it's gonna come close to knocking Glock, S&W, HK or Sig off of their thrones. Walther and FN are trying. They are stuck in some weird in the middle place where no one dislikes them and they are well thought of but just aren't mainstream. Steyr is there too. 

I’m surprised you consider Springfield in lower end. I don’t care for the XD, but it seems super popular with experienced and new/buyer types. Buyer meaning those who buys guns, but don’t really shoot. I know a very good local competition shooter who shoots an XD: and he does really well. Think he does that to prove that he can do well with less than the best gear. 

5 hours ago, Danatkins said:

FN would do better if they were priced differently the 509 tactical is almost 200 more than a Sig m17 and only plus is a threaded barrel. I've not looked at this thing yet but heard rumors it takes Glock mags so that will help it out

If the Mossberg does accept Glock mags, I think it would help. I think Mossberg is a big enough name to get sales just based on that. I bet there are lots of Mossberg fans from their shootys who will give the handgun a try. 

2 hours ago, Drck said:

I’m surprised you consider Springfield in lower end. I don’t care for the XD, but it seems super popular with experienced and new/buyer types. Buyer meaning those who buys guns, but don’t really shoot. I know a very good local competition shooter who shoots an XD: and he does really well. Think he does that to prove that he can do well with less than the best gear. 

It isn’t lower end as a Jennings, HiPoint or anything like that. But I don’t care for them. Have seen a lot of them break and the build quality on the ones I’ve messed with and even owned over the years just isn’t impressive at all. When they were under $300, they were okay. But they aren’t worth what they want for them. 

40 minutes ago, Etho said:

It isn’t lower end as a Jennings, HiPoint or anything like that. But I don’t care for them. Have seen a lot of them break and the build quality on the ones I’ve messed with and even owned over the years just isn’t impressive at all. When they were under $300, they were okay. But they aren’t worth what they want for them. 

Never heard of Jennings and never tried a HiPoint. At least I don’t think. 

I too have seen so many problems with XDs. They seem super popular and I assume it’s their coverage in gun mags. I’ve shot their compacts quite a bit since a friend has one. Junk. 

1 hour ago, Drck said:

Never heard of Jennings and never tried a HiPoint. At least I don’t think. 

I too have seen so many problems with XDs. They seem super popular and I assume it’s their coverage in gun mags. I’ve shot their compacts quite a bit since a friend has one. Junk. 

New/novice shooters love them. I think they get bombarded by the ads it’s just familiar to them. It doesn’t take long for them to move on to other pistols either. 

Edited by Etho

1 hour ago, Drck said:

Never heard of Jennings and never tried a HiPoint. 

Jennings are made of pot metal my buddy had one as his 1st pistol 380 blowback the size of a g19 and the back of the slide started cracking. I would take a HiPoint over a Jennings. They also go by Bryco now wife's ex bought her one we sold it for 50 bucks when we got together

25 minutes ago, Etho said:

New/novice shooters love them. I think they get bombarded by the ads it’s just familiar to them. It doesn’t take long for them to move on to other pistols either. 

Those that shoot I would hope so. That said, I come across so many that sing praises of them only to find out they shot maybe 50 when they first got it and put it away. I mean nothing wrong with doing that, but drive me nuts when people like that make like their are experts and get other newbies to buy them. Wasting money. 

21 minutes ago, Danatkins said:

Jennings are made of pot metal my buddy had one as his 1st pistol 380 blowback the size of a g19 and the back of the slide started cracking. I would take a HiPoint over a Jennings. They also go by Bryco now wife's ex bought her one we sold it for 50 bucks when we got together

PUNCTUATION!!! 

I read that a few times and still not quite sure what you were trying to say. 

18 minutes ago, Drck said:

Those that shoot I would hope so. That said, I come across so many that sing praises of them only to find out they shot maybe 50 when they first got it and put it away. I mean nothing wrong with doing that, but drive me nuts when people like that make like their are experts and get other newbies to buy them. Wasting money. 

Yep. Some people’s idea of a high round count and actual high round count are totally different. 

On 1/5/2019 at 4:50 PM, Drck said:

PUNCTUATION!!! 

I read that a few times and still not quite sure what you were trying to say. 

Let’s help Uncle Jack, off a horse. 

Let’s help Uncle Jack off a horse.