Sign in to follow this  
Gran Torino

Same blade blank....very different looks...

All three are the same blade blank but by changing configurations and handle materials you get very different results. Things that are the same....

Blade length of 5 1/2" made from 3/16" thick 1095 carbon steel

Hammer forged appearance

Black oxide finish

Come with combo kydex/leather sheath shown

Hidden tang with Sweet Gum handle with Padauk and G10 accents. Hammer forged finger guard made from same material as blade. SS pin and lanyard tube.

XbfyzID.jpg

ffjGOFY.jpg

rF2mcZS.jpg

u1eq6Qu.jpg

Hidden tang with Texas Mesquite handle and G10 accents. Hammer forged accent made from same material as blade. SS pin and lanyard tube.

9NZDC83.jpg

uFgYjb6.jpg

sJhuCtc.jpg

Vz7rnf1.jpg

This is a full tang knife with file work on the spine, Birds Eye Maple handles with Purple Heart and G10 accents as well as liners. It has mosaic pines and brass lanyard tube.

cpAzUzS.jpg

noBCK8g.jpg

kPNNk4N.jpg

3E019X0.jpg

Buy a single knife for $140 shipped

Buy any two for $260 shipped

Buy all 3 for $380 shipped.

Thanks for lookin'!!!

What grit do you polish it down to and what do you use to darken it? I've tried vinegar, but I can only do it outside and my grill just doesn't work to keep it boiling hard enough with out using a bunch of the gas. Also, even after scrubbing with simple green then soaking in acetone, it comes out uneven. Beautiful work as always!

10 hours ago, vic_b said:

What grit do you polish it down to and what do you use to darken it? I've tried vinegar, but I can only do it outside and my grill just doesn't work to keep it boiling hard enough with out using a bunch of the gas. Also, even after scrubbing with simple green then soaking in acetone, it comes out uneven. Beautiful work as always!

https://www.caswellplating.com/black-oxide-kits.html

That is what I use to darken them. As far as grit finish I take it down to 320-400 on most. Some of the knives I take to 600 but not many.

Edited by Gran Torino