Sign in to follow this  
vic_b

Adventures with the homeless....

As most of you know, I started 2nd shift last week. 3-11, M-F. This is the shift that has the worst trespasser problem. Between drunks looking for a place to crash, thinking it's their train to go home and bums looking for stuff to steal and a warm place to sleep at least 3-4 times a week we are kicking trespassers out. Last night was really bad! There are several sounder train cars close to the main street and these seem to attract people. I'm working under one of them, right under the door, when I see a drunk stagger up and enter the car. I get on the radio and tell my foreman we got a trespasser. He says he'll be right out. I climb out from underneath and go into the car and go tell him he can't be in there. Well.... he's already passed out on the seats. I kick his foot to wake him up. Nothing, no reaction. A little harder and a yell. This got him awake and he looks over at me, kinda anyway. His eyes were pointing in different directions. By this time my boss has arrived. We're both trying to get him out of the car and off the property. He's not getting up on his feet. Call SPD. Cops show up and they are a little more forceful. We can't really touch them, even in self defense, all we can do is block swings. They get him on his feet and heading towards the door, when he takes a swing at one and misses, falls out the door and does a faceplant! He was avg. height and weight, the car is about 2 feet off the ground. He pretty much landed on his face from almost an 8 foot drop. He rolls over, eyes all googly, bleeding from his mouth, nose and a good gash on his cheek. They slap the cuffs on him and get him so he won't choke on teeth and blood. One calls for an ambulance, and while we're waiting they take our names and a statement from us. They were pretty cool about the whole thing and when I ask if I could have a copy of the bodycam footage they tell me they wish they could and chuckle a bit. Fast forward an hour, almost time to go home and I'm sitting at the picnic table having a smoke when here comes a bum. He stops at the street, looks around and starts to enter the property. There was a loco, he was walking in front of and I got a buddy inside doing a daily inspection. I hear him whisper over the radio "Hey Vic, watch this guy and plug your ears" He lets him get right in front of the loco and hits the horn! 175 decibles and 3 bright lights cacth this guy in stealth mode. I swear he jumped 10 feet straight up, turned around in mid air and took off at a dead run. That's the fastest I've ever seen a bum run! 

As more stuff happens I'll update this, I guarantee you there will be more.

This kind of bull crap must really cost the company lots of money in lost man hours when you train technicians have to stop work to sort out bums.

Most of the time they're too scared of us to do anything other than run off. I'm average size there at 6'4" 240 lbs. and we usually grab something on the way over to run them off. Not that we could do anything with it, but it helps.

How does this place you work at not have security patrols? That's fucking insane....I don't know how you put up with that crap. WTF good are your unions out there? Do they not address security and protection for their members?

29 minutes ago, Gran Torino said:

How does this place you work at not have security patrols? That's fucking insane....I don't know how you put up with that crap. WTF good are your unions out there? Do they not address security and protection for their members?

Sure, if there's any money left after skimming it for their mansions and private security. Then they will discuss Vic's jobsite security. 

1 hour ago, Gran Torino said:

If you look at the map I screen shot, you'll see the yard. It's bordered by 3rd ave, Holgate, a warehouse and the stadiums. All along 3rd ave is a homeless camp, To the south is another area of warehouse type buildings, with sidings for BNSF. This whole area is rife with bums and other people one wouldn't want to bring home to meet mom. In order to secure this area, Amtrak has been trying to get Seattle to close off Holgate and allow us to fence this area off. Currently, this yard is the least secure in Amtrak. The workers are the security patrols. We are always watching out for trespassers. I keep telling them to let us beat the shit out of a few them and word will get out to stay away. But in this area, if we were to so much as push one off the property, Amtrak would get sued and the worker would get fired. Holgate is another problem entirely. I've almost got run over a few times crossing to get to work. Amtrak and the unions have been fighting for better lighting and a crosswalk there. My wife is under a standing order if I get hit crossing to go to a job site she is to sue Seattle city. For a better view of the yard type into a maps app 187 S. Holgate, Seattle Wa.

Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 5.44.45 PM.png

Last night as I was leaving to go home, an elderly man was eyeing the property. I hang out for a minute in the lobby, watching him. As soon as he steps across the line I come out and tell him "Sir, there's nothing on the property for you" He looks up at me and tells me it's been a long time since anyone called me sir, especially a white man. (he was black) I tell him I treat everyone with respect, no matter the color of the person. Then he says he was just going to look in the ashtray for a smoke. Well, sir, they'll just throw you off the property and call the cops. I reach in my pocket for my smokes and give him a couple. He thanks me and i remember that I still had my lunch since i worked through it and I tell him if he promises not to go on the property I'll give him something to eat. He does and I hand him my lunch and a couple more smokes. You would think I gave him a 7 course meal but it was only a roast beef sandwich, a banana and a bag of chips with a bottled water. The old ones I got some sympathy for, the younger bums? Fuck 'em. He didn't smell like booze, puke or piss. Wasn't staggering, just walking like he was hurting bad. There but for the grace of God.

4 hours ago, vic_b said:

Last night as I was leaving to go home, an elderly man was eyeing the property. I hang out for a minute in the lobby, watching him. As soon as he steps across the line I come out and tell him "Sir, there's nothing on the property for you" He looks up at me and tells me it's been a long time since anyone called me sir, especially a white man. (he was black) I tell him I treat everyone with respect, no matter the color of the person. Then he says he was just going to look in the ashtray for a smoke. Well, sir, they'll just throw you off the property and call the cops. I reach in my pocket for my smokes and give him a couple. He thanks me and i remember that I still had my lunch since i worked through it and I tell him if he promises not to go on the property I'll give him something to eat. He does and I hand him my lunch and a couple more smokes. You would think I gave him a 7 course meal but it was only a roast beef sandwich, a banana and a bag of chips with a bottled water. The old ones I got some sympathy for, the younger bums? Fuck 'em. He didn't smell like booze, puke or piss. Wasn't staggering, just walking like he was hurting bad. There but for the grace of God.

:thumbs2:

Good stuff Vic  .   Imagine the shit storm  if you had thrown bleach on him , stuck a rope round his neck and yelled  ' this is maga country".  😁

2 hours ago, Meke said:

Good stuff Vic  .   Imagine the shit storm  if you had thrown bleach on him , stuck a rope round his neck and yelled  ' this is maga country".  😁

Well considering the last time it was a hit job hired by the victim on himself.....

Have they reported that down there yet?

Edited by Etho

8 hours ago, vic_b said:

Nice, very nice.  😎

Be careful with those folks. Most are mentally ill and range from mild to wild; one minute they are cool and the next trying to cut you up with a box cutter. 

1 hour ago, Etho said:

Well considering the last time it was a hit job hired by the victim on himself.....

Have they reported that down there yet?

NO!   not the part where he set himself up. Not on mainstream media.  Our news is regurgitated washington post.

Which makes me ask,  why did some politicians pass a bill making lynching a federal crime.  ?  I  would of though hanging some cunt from a rope would of automatically  been covered under some shit you " should not do law."     Scratching my head thinking wtf !

16 minutes ago, Meke said:

NO!   not the part where he set himself up. Not on mainstream media.  Our news is regurgitated washington post.

Which makes me ask,  why did some politicians pass a bill making lynching a federal crime.  ?  I  would of though hanging some cunt from a rope would of automatically  been covered under some shit you " should not do law."     Scratching my head thinking wtf !

Yep. Two guys came forward and said that he hired them to do this. Supposedly there was a letter put together some months back that was threatening and it didn't get the attention he(the actor dude) liked so he did this. The letter was in that cut stuff from magazine old school movie kidnapper stuff. Anyhow, they provided CPD with receipts for the rope. Which I'm sure means surveillance video was pulled and clerks interviewed to corroborate this story. He(actor dude) has since hired a defense attorney. 

The whole thing smelled fishy to me from the beginning. It just seemed strange. 

It is. It's murder under state and federal statutes and anything proven to be motivated by race, religion, sexual orientation so on is a covered by federal law and sometimes state laws(some have hate crime statutes and some do not). 

Edited by Etho

1 minute ago, Etho said:

Yep. Two guys came forward and said that he hired them to do this. Supposedly there was a letter put together some months back that was threatening and it didn't get the attention he(the actor dude) liked so he did this. The letter was in that cut stuff from magazine old school movie kidnapper stuff. Anyhow, they provided CPD with receipts for the rope. Which I'm sure means surveillance video was pulled and clerks interviewed to corroborate this story. He(actor dude) has since hired a defense attorney. 

The whole thing smelled fishy to me from the beginning. It just seemed strange. 

It is. It's murder under state and federal statutes and anything proven to be motivated by race, religion, sexual orientation so on is a covered by federal law and sometimes state laws(some have hate crime statutes and some do not). 

I thought that was hinky as hell, right off. I did misfigure motive though. I figured he offered them money so he could blow them or some twisted shit and they kicked his ass.

3 minutes ago, Dupa220 said:

I thought that was hinky as hell, right off. I did misfigure motive though. I figured he offered them money so he could blow them or some twisted shit and they kicked his ass.

We're de-railing poor Vics thread. But one last comment from me. The bad thing about this stuff is it's gonna get to a point that the legit instances of this will automatically be viewed as suspect by people. Stuff does legitimately happen as there are legitimate racist and even evil racist people who would do some messed up stuff like this. But it keeps getting faked and eventually people won't listen. I think there was an allegory covering this.....

Edited by Etho

I had more than a few projects in that area of Seattle.  I don't recall be being that bad in the 1997-2004 timeframe, but I know Seattle has changed quite a bit.  

We used to hit up Pecos Pit pretty often.  Just looked them up and they are on 1st and S Stacy.  Seems about where I remember them.  That was some good pulled pork messican BBQ.  at least by my standards.  

Still there. I drive by it on the way in to work. Etho, I hear you on the mild to wild bit. Seen it first hand. 

Last night I was gathering up tools and supplies not used and putting them in the little cushman electric buggy we got just for this purpose. I told the guys I'd drop flags in the north end of track nine (we were done) so they could bring in the starlight without us being in the way. I'm heading up north at a snails pace in this little buggy. This thing is governed down so slow, it's faster to just walk but I was picking up tools too. On the way north I have to pass by a row of Jobox lockers. I'm putting along when a bum jumps out in front of me and falls down screaming!! I didn't even hit this idiot!! He starts screaming he's gonna sue me, Amtrak and the city of Seattle for everything they got. I get on the radio and call the boss and tell him what's going on. He says he's on the way. 15 minutes later he gets there. He just lays into this guy, telling him everything was caught on camera how he was hiding and waiting to jump out. I pick up a crow bar and ask "Can I take care of this guy?" By this time all he wants to do is leave, but my boss says no, he called the cops and they are on the way. Cops get there and haul him off the property. Most of the time they just take them a few blocks away and dump them out. Don't know about this time.

4 hours ago, vic_b said:

Last night I was gathering up tools and supplies not used and putting them in the little cushman electric buggy we got just for this purpose. I told the guys I'd drop flags in the north end of track nine (we were done) so they could bring in the starlight without us being in the way. I'm heading up north at a snails pace in this little buggy. This thing is governed down so slow, it's faster to just walk but I was picking up tools too. On the way north I have to pass by a row of Jobox lockers. I'm putting along when a bum jumps out in front of me and falls down screaming!! I didn't even hit this idiot!! He starts screaming he's gonna sue me, Amtrak and the city of Seattle for everything they got. I get on the radio and call the boss and tell him what's going on. He says he's on the way. 15 minutes later he gets there. He just lays into this guy, telling him everything was caught on camera how he was hiding and waiting to jump out. I pick up a crow bar and ask "Can I take care of this guy?" By this time all he wants to do is leave, but my boss says no, he called the cops and they are on the way. Cops get there and haul him off the property. Most of the time they just take them a few blocks away and dump them out. Don't know about this time.

What a mess you work in down there.:shakinghead:

On 2/19/2019 at 8:16 PM, Dupa220 said:

:bellylaf:

Walking to the building from the parking lot across the street, what did I see on a bike heading right at me? A naked man with bicycle cops in hot pursuit! I stopped so I wouldn’t get run over by this idiot and as he got closer I moved into his way forcing him to hit track 10, away from the crossing. He went down and the cops held him there. I was walking away and one of them thanked me. Only in fucking Seattle. 

38 minutes ago, vic_b said:

Walking to the building from the parking lot across the street, what did I see on a bike heading right at me? A naked man with bicycle cops in hot pursuit! I stopped so I wouldn’t get run over by this idiot and as he got closer I moved into his way forcing him to hit track 10, away from the crossing. He went down and the cops held him there. I was walking away and one of them thanked me. Only in fucking Seattle. 

:bellylaf: I''ll assume he had a ton of meth in him? 

We see that stuff every weekend at Home College Football Games here.

11 hours ago, vic_b said:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-homeless-crisis-historic-cemetery-overrun-with-drugs-and-prostitution-amid-worsening-problem

5 hours ago, vic_b said:

I saw that article. It's fucking pathetic what the liberals have done. What used to be a beautiful city has turned into a shit hole. Watch some of the video if you got time.

https://komonews.com/news/local/komo-news-special-seattle-is-dying

I am half way throught the video and thought i would comment. its interesting, gonna watch the whole thing.

What Seattle needs is a  tornado to sweep these cunts out to sea.