Sign in to follow this  
vic_b

Hot sauce

I got the jars on order and they’ll be here tomorrow or the next. As soon as they arrive I’ll sterilize them and ship them off. 

The process I used was fermented style. Soaked in a brine solution for 17 days, strained then processed in a food processor. I saved a half cup of the brine solution to pour back in and added a half cup of apple cider vinegar. I used Serrano peppers. The scoville rating is 10k-23k or so. The peppers I got from the local store were green so I put them in a paper bag with a tomato to speed up the ripening. I took in a bottle to work for a few others to try, then left it in the fridge with note saying to help yourself to it. Someone stole it. I plan on doing more with some different peppers and I’d also like to grow my own this year. 

6 hours ago, vic_b said:

I got the jars on order and they’ll be here tomorrow or the next. As soon as they arrive I’ll sterilize them and ship them off. 

The process I used was fermented style. Soaked in a brine solution for 17 days, strained then processed in a food processor. I saved a half cup of the brine solution to pour back in and added a half cup of apple cider vinegar. I used Serrano peppers. The scoville rating is 10k-23k or so. The peppers I got from the local store were green so I put them in a paper bag with a tomato to speed up the ripening. I took in a bottle to work for a few others to try, then left it in the fridge with note saying to help yourself to it. Someone stole it. I plan on doing more with some different peppers and I’d also like to grow my own this year. 

Quite the pepper connoisseur.....how did you get started making your own sauce?

While I was off work, I got really bored and that was one thing I could do with one hand.

The only thing w/ one hand?  xD  Sounds like good stuff.  I had awesome green sauce down in Mexico back in the 80's.   Wasn't spicey, just great flavor. 

Hot sauce will be shipped today. This is fermented hot sauce, so when you open it the first time wrap a towel around the jar. The only reason I'm saying this is because with the fermentation process, pressure can build up. Along with the different pressures with various modes of transport I'd hate like hell to give anyone a cut! 

17 hours ago, vic_b said:

Hot sauce will be shipped today. This is fermented hot sauce, so when you open it the first time wrap a towel around the jar. The only reason I'm saying this is because with the fermentation process, pressure can build up. Along with the different pressures with various modes of transport I'd hate like hell to give anyone a cut! 

:yeah2: