Sign in to follow this  
Bob

PSA 10.5 nitride Shockwave pistol kit

Well I just placed the order for this kit in flat dark earth. Thinking I will build it on either an 80% or the armpit lower from years ago.

I have seen good reviews on this kit and PSA's customer service so I figured for $295 it was worth a try.

What says you all?

Not into the Pistol builds anymore, but I just got a PSA 16" flattop upper. took just over a week to get here./

Good choice. Use an 80% to really piss people off!

The shockwave is pretty uncomfortable to shoot though. 

Edited by Etho

4 hours ago, Etho said:

Good choice. Use an 80% to really piss people off!

The shockwave is pretty uncomfortable to shoot though. 

I was thinking the same thing about the lower.

Have never used any brace before.

5 hours ago, Dupa220 said:

Not into the Pistol builds anymore, but I just got a PSA 16" flattop upper. took just over a week to get here./

Figured the 10.5 was as short as I wanted to go

21 minutes ago, Bob said:

I was thinking the same thing about the lower.

Have never used any brace before.

The SB ones are fine. Used the Shockwave on that 9mm before I got the stamp and it was awful if not positioned just right.

Haven't used the shockwave but want to get and SB for my 300blk used one once it was not bad. 80 lowers are fun but make sure you use a variable speed router don't want to throw a bit through the trigger well like I did

9 hours ago, Bob said:

Figured the 10.5 was as short as I wanted to go

Its about as short as one can go and still have anything remotely effective. In 5.56/.223 anyway. It already knocks the effective range in half compared to a 20". 

Also be prepared for a long ass wait for shipping. They’re backed up from the California magazine stuff. 

10 hours ago, Etho said:

The SB ones are fine. Used the Shockwave on that 9mm before I got the stamp and it was awful if not positioned just right.

Thanks for the heads up

9 hours ago, Danatkins said:

Haven't used the shockwave but want to get and SB for my 300blk used one once it was not bad. 80 lowers are fun but make sure you use a variable speed router don't want to throw a bit through the trigger well like I did

I did it on a. Bridgeport and the machinest was right there and had all numbers written down. It came out great!

31 minutes ago, Etho said:

Its about as short as one can go and still have anything remotely effective. In 5.56/.223 anyway. It already knocks the effective range in half compared to a 20". 

That's what I had read.

8 minutes ago, Etho said:

Also be prepared for a long ass wait for shipping. They’re backed up from the California magazine stuff. 

Yea it wasn't the best time to order. The site was slow as hell. I believe because of all their ordering from there

12 minutes ago, Bob said:

That's what I had read.

Yea it wasn't the best time to order. The site was slow as hell. I believe because of all their ordering from there

I've got an ammo order in right now and still processing after a week. 

1 hour ago, Etho said:

I've got an ammo order in right now and still processing after a week. 

Damn! I've been buying ammo locally of late. Getting 9mm for 16 cents a round or less. I should have ordered some 223 but haven't even shot an AR in almost 2 years

2 hours ago, Bob said:

Damn! I've been buying ammo locally of late. Getting 9mm for 16 cents a round or less. I should have ordered some 223 but haven't even shot an AR in almost 2 years

That’s a good price. They were doing a $160/1000, free shipping and rebate. Worked out to $130/1000 or something like that

6 hours ago, Etho said:

That’s a good price. They were doing a $160/1000, free shipping and rebate. Worked out to $130/1000 or something like that

Then that's a very good deal.

Check out brads guns for 9mm. He usually has it 50.00 or so for 250 rounds plus shipping. I’ve shot it quite a bit and had any issues 

The kit just got here and looks good. I will get pics up in a bit.

Now the hard part, what lower??

Anderson from the armpit buy

Or

80%???

Thinking etho has the right idea. Use the 80% and really piss the libs off

No pics yet. I was assembling the80% and discovered that the hole for the bolt hold open spring and plunger was not drilled. Said fuck it and built the armpit.

Just ran 100 rounds through it with out a hiccup. Mix of Tula and Remington umc.  Didn't shoot for groups, but it was holding fairly tight.

Came out nice. It’s so stupid that a shockwave is okay, but put a B5 SOPMOD and you’re going to prison if caught. The lunacy of the whole thing is amazing to me. 

16 hours ago, Etho said:

Came out nice. It’s so stupid that a shockwave is okay, but put a B5 SOPMOD and you’re going to prison if caught. The lunacy of the whole thing is amazing to me. 

I agree completely. Would love to put an Ace entry or a MTF minimal on it but just not worth it .

While stupid, and quite frankly unconstitutional in my opinion, it's worth paying the $200 and getting a real stock. The wait is awful right now though. I'm at 7 months on a form 1. I just checked this morning and it's still pending. I don't even bother checking on my Form 4s.