Sign in to follow this  
vic_b

Anyone have an addition built?

Just looking for a ballpark amount for a 15x18 addition. I can do the finish work, just need everything that requires an inspection done. I realize different areas will have different prices. 

Grab some real estate new home prices in your town minus land costs. Would be the average for  a new house in seattle  divided by the square meter..  That might give the material and labour cost..  NZ is about 2 grand  square meter.

From what I can find without giving up personal information it’s about 95.00-225.00 usd here. I was kinda hoping to narrow it down a bit. 

4 minutes ago, vic_b said:

From what I can find without giving up personal information it’s about 95.00-225.00 usd here. I was kinda hoping to narrow it down a bit. 

Thats not bad in my opinion but then i dont know anything about usa building. That red headed fella whose brother built a house would have a good idea.

14 minutes ago, Meke said:

Thats not bad in my opinion but then i dont know anything about usa building. That red headed fella whose brother built a house would have a good idea.

Jred.   (Who was last seen drowning in a giant fluffy bowl of pussywhip.   But we won't hold that against him.  :lol: ).    

From my quick research, the ballpark is about $150/sq. ft. for your area, Vic.    

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Jred.   (Who was last seen drowning in a giant fluffy bowl of pussywhip.   But we won't hold that against him.  :lol: ).    

From my quick research, the ballpark is about $150/sq. ft. for your area, Vic.    

thats about the same here. 

1meter sq = 10.7 sq.ft. x  $150  = $1600 us a sq meter. Thats about  2k kiwi.

I thought it would be way cheaper over there since them guys have an unlimited supply of mexican architects and builders in that sanctuary city .  😃

One of my requirements will be background checks and at least a green card. Could care less where they are from as long as they are here legally. 

We priced it. Ultimately we decided to sell and build. 

It was $60,000 for a master bath addition and some other stuff. Worked out to 400 sq ft and $125/sq ft. 

I’ve designed many. Would help you, but my structural stamp isn’t good for WA. Only Civil stamp. 

3 hours ago, Drck said:

$150/sq ft? Dayum! I’d build a couple of mansions!

Our new house is $131/sq ft and that’s fucking  expensive for here.

1 hour ago, vic_b said:

Just got a ballpark figure for the plans/blueprint alone. 2000-4000$

Ouch. 

6 hours ago, vic_b said:

No kidding

We didn’t even get to that point. It just didn’t make sense for us.