Sign in to follow this  
Janitor

First topic

Thanks Kenny. The photo was a request by the guy on the right. 

And now for an oldie - One of the guys I rode out to West Yellowstone for the 'Fatbottom' rally with a few years back. Goes by the name of 'Smokey' -

Fatbottom-040099.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Janitor said:

How could anyone not?

Well, some people's kids, you know?  9_9

Here's a nice candid shot of my brother and his wife that I took last month.  They're both the kind that you have to catch them not looking or you won't get too many pictures. xD

IMG_7632.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks!  

I also have this one of my nephew's rescue German Shepherd, Max.  I took a few, but this is my favorite one.  Strangely, they are all just a touch out of focus (iPhone 7)

IMG_7587.JPG

I love german shepherds - beautiful dog.

Bad phone!  Next attempt - touch the screen on the dogs face - you should get a little box showing where it will set focus. That might help a bit.

Yea - I haven't shot much I haven't showed you guys, but what the hell - this is thread one and we need pix! (thanks MUCH for joining in)

Yeah, I'm thinking I forgot to touch-focus it.  It could also be that this was one of a set from the HDR function; there's a window in the back, and another to the left.  In iPhoto I could have saved one of the blurrier ones without meaning to.

Cloudy sunset from Ala Moana beach park. Great weather lately, so went for a run. Nice scenery along the way too! 

IMG_4923.JPG

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Janitor said:

Beautiful photo.

But WTF were you running from?

Haha.  I joke with people when ask if I run and my response is "only when chased".  :D

• Like 1

Just now, Drck said:

Haha.  I joke with people when ask if I run and my response is "only when chased".  :D

xDxD

This is me going down to the impact zone on my mountain bike. I didn't realize the hill was that steep walking! I got going at 20 MPH on a walmart mountain bike.... something a 56 YO man, with a bum leg and arthritic hands shouldn't do!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, vic_b said:

This is me going down to the impact zone on my mountain bike. I didn't realize the hill was that steep walking! I got going at 20 MPH on a walmart mountain bike.... something a 56 YO man, with a bum leg and arthritic hands shouldn't do!!

You're going to have a Steel rod in your Spine and a plate in your noggin!

I do.  I'll get some up this weekend.   (Also trying to get some of my dad and brothers on horseback this weekend).

55 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I do.  I'll get some up this weekend.   (Also trying to get some of my dad and brothers on horseback this weekend).

Looking forward to that. 

9 minutes ago, Janitor said:

That's a cool shot Drck.

The tower looks pretty tall - what's its purpose in life?

It's a transmission tower, but generally a tourist attraction. It has lots of shopping and there's a couple observation decks to see the city. Good views, especially at night. I think it's the tallest in Tokyo. 

10 minutes ago, Janitor said:

They have an elevator to the top, or do you have to walk?

Elevator! There are a few observation decks. We went to the main one. I'd have to look up the height. But there was another another 100 meters or so higher. 

Just now, Drck said:

Elevator! There are a few observation decks. We went to the main one. I'd have to look up the height. But there was another another 100 meters or so higher. 

100 meters higher than the main deck? Dayum!

Speaking - of course - as someone who doesn't agree all that well with heights.

Drck's beach photo reminded me that I have this one I took outside work one morning back in March.  Again, the camera doesn't do it justice; the sky looked like something out of a movie about the end of the world. xD

IMG_7037.JPG

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, KZero said:

Drck's beach photo reminded me that I have this one I took outside work one morning back in March.  Again, the camera doesn't do it justice; the sky looked like something out of a movie about the end of the world. xD

IMG_7037.JPG

"Ooooooooh, Aaaaaaaaah!" Like it!

1 hour ago, KZero said:

IMG_7037.JPG

Freaking beautiful!.