Sign in to follow this  
vic_b

The BBQ post

I didn't see a BBQ thread so I thought I would start one.

Today I am going to smoke a chuck roast! Start off with a nicely marbled chuck roast, a little Worcestershire binder and a rub. smoke it for 4-5 hours then pull it out and set it in a beef broth bath, seal it up and cook it for another hour or so then rest it for an hour. We'll see how it turns out.

That looks pretty tasty. Almost as tasty as the hot dogs I’m about to put on the George Foreman 😬

Just pulled it out of the cooler from resting. It’s juicy, tender and melts in your mouth! I think I have found a new passion!

I'm going to smoke a turkey Friday morning. I hope anyway, as long as it's done defrosting. 

6 minutes ago, vic_b said:

I may try that. 

I just use dry rubs under the skin on turkeys. Everything else I use mustard as a binder. 

Deep fried turkeys are super good.  I've never tried smoked turkey, but that sounds tasty.  

5 hours ago, Drck said:

Deep fried turkeys are super good.  I've never tried smoked turkey, but that sounds tasty.  

Never have cared for fried turkey. Not sure why other than it just never has done it for me. 

15 minutes ago, Etho said:

Never have cared for fried turkey. Not sure why other than it just never has done it for me. 

Maybe you haven't been doing it right?  :P 

I do enjoy a good oven roasted turkey though.  

17 hours ago, Drck said:

Maybe you haven't been doing it right?  :P 

I do enjoy a good oven roasted turkey though.  

That's absolutely right...because I've never fried one before! 😂 I've only ever had it when someone bought one. If I cook turkey it's smoked or in the oven. Just not a fried food kinda guy. I've even gotten to where I don't like french fries, fried fish and so on. Never was into fried food but the only I get even the stuff I did eat I don't like anymore. The grease just upsets my stomach. 

51 minutes ago, Etho said:

That's absolutely right...because I've never fried one before! 😂 I've only ever had it when someone bought one. If I cook turkey it's smoked or in the oven. Just not a fried food kinda guy. I've even gotten to where I don't like french fries, fried fish and so on. Never was into fried food but the only I get even the stuff I did eat I don't like anymore. The grease just upsets my stomach. 

Since I got sick earlier this year a lot of fried food tastes like shit to me for some reason.

2 minutes ago, dbinthecountry said:

Since I got sick earlier this year a lot of fried food tastes like shit to me for some reason.

Weird how that happens. There's lots of stuff I distinctly remember disliking or liking that I've tried again and it's reversed. 

I’ve heard about folks suddenly disliking something they’ve enjoyed eating most of their lives. They were pregnant... 😝

2 hours ago, Etho said:

Ahh. I try not to eat a lot of fried foods. But fried turkey that I’ve had wasn’t greasy at all. 

I really like fried fish as well, but not the oily ones like mackerel. I eat grilled Ahi quite often. Good stuff. 

38 minutes ago, Drck said:

I’ve heard about folks suddenly disliking something they’ve enjoyed eating most of their lives. They were pregnant... 😝

Imagine the money I could get as the first man to be pregnant! Milk the situation a little and run the daytime henhouse talk circuit for a while. A few book deals, some medical experiments and some interviews on Dateline. Maybe even a Netflix series. I could retire early. 

Edited by Etho

7 minutes ago, Etho said:

Imagine the money I could get as the first man to be pregnant! Milk the situation a little and run the daytime henhouse talk circuit for a while. A few book deals, some medical experiments and some interviews on Dateline. Maybe even a Netflix series. I could retire early. 

😄

23 minutes ago, Etho said:

But your nipples would never be the same. 😝

2 hours ago, Drck said:

But your nipples would never be the same. 😝

58 minutes ago, vic_b said:

And your boobs would be saggy.

I’m sure a good surgeon could fix all that. 

On 7/10/2019 at 4:43 PM, Etho said:

I’m sure a good surgeon could fix all that. 

You could afford the best too!