Sign in to follow this  
Danatkins

Heck of a light sale

Wonder what the longevity will be on these lights?

I know what I've done to some Streamlights and Surefires. Only one I've broken was a Streamlight UltraStinger that got run over by a car. Streamlight fixed it no questions asked. 

Was looking for lights for an AR project with pressure switch and one side recommended Olight. Seems flimsy. 

For handguns, I’m more concerned about compatibility with holsters. I have been using X300, but just got an Inforce APLc in a 4th of July sale. Was $65, but shipping and tax made it close to “regular” price. 😩

29 minutes ago, Drck said:

Was looking for lights for an AR project with pressure switch and one side recommended Olight. Seems flimsy. 

For handguns, I’m more concerned about compatibility with holsters. I have been using X300, but just got an Inforce APLc in a 4th of July sale. Was $65, but shipping and tax made it close to “regular” price. 😩

I guess it depends on use. But I’m skeptical also. 

2 hours ago, Danatkins said:

Plenty of the guys I know that do run and guns use them and they hold up good. 

How often are they doing these?

24 minutes ago, Danatkins said:

Some of them do about 6 a year or more. Its definitely quite a test of gear

As in how often do they shoot? Shooting from a bench once a month for 6 years isn’t that impressive. 

It's not shooting from a bench it's running 5 or 10k and going through mud and grime, over barricades and obstacles and such. Most of them shoot at least every other weekend

Hell if you are a new customer and register now they are giving away a free flashlight to boot.  Registration was just name and email.   $63 out the door for the Valkyrie and a little pen light.  Not bad.

Edited by FinFan77

Was looking closer at these. Reviews, tech data, etc. They advertise some high lumens, but about 1/2-1/3 the candela of comparable lights. Their run times are also quite low. 

On 7/13/2019 at 3:25 AM, Danatkins said:

It's not shooting from a bench it's running 5 or 10k and going through mud and grime, over barricades and obstacles and such. Most of them shoot at least every other weekend

That seems pretty rough. But do they need to shoot with lights often? Seems like these lights aren’t that great on intensity (candela and lux). 

Don't know about other matches but I know every match down at rock Castle has at least one stage in the little cave and it's pitch black in there. Out at Pawnee,OK they just did a complete night match about a month ago. Mine should be here Tuesday we'll see how it does I bought mine mainly for EDC 

Didn't take pics of the backyard with the lights will do that soon got home last night took them out of the package and went to bed. The weapon light has a very wide beam and that little keychain one for only running one aaa wow

20190715_223610.jpg

Looks like they are running sales to ride the Prime Day wave. Tempted to try their M2R light. 

I would've took a pic last night but I took that one and crashed. My little back yard is about 30 yards x 25 yards or so and firing the light out the back door completely lit up my yard. If it's dark enough when I go out with the dogs before bed I'll take it out again and do a quick comparison with it and the tlr1

Quick comparison of the olight and tlr1s.

Whatever charge comes from the factory on the olight and the batteries in the tlr1s are about 9 months old but haven't been used much fence is 20 yards or so just behind the forked tree pool is 10 dark picture is with just ambient light

Olight is the wider beam 

20190716_215704.jpg

20190716_215612.jpg

20190716_215710.jpg

Edited by Danatkins

Punctuation dude. Punctuation...

From what I gather, top pic is Olight and bottom is TLR.  However, aren’t there many versions of the TLR? As in different lumens. 

What are lumen ratings of each?