Sign in to follow this  
Etho

Metal Thread

13 hours ago, Etho said:

Been on a metal kick lately. In before Jred and his cookie monster bullshit too...

:bellylaf:Yeah, I'm afraid there's going to be some of that. 

I've been trying to get into some of the newer metal lately. Some of what I've heard has been damn good, but the preponderance has just been formulaic rubbish. Start off the song with clean tones, singer yells, guitars  play power chords, then the lead with the 7 string taps and runs through pentatonic scales while the drummer is running constant triplets on the bass drum. Technically, the music is good,  it just sucks balls. It has no fucking life to it. Meh... But I want to hear new stuff.

2 hours ago, Satchmo said:

I've been trying to get into some of the newer metal lately. Some of what I've heard has been damn good, but the preponderance has just been formulaic rubbish. Start off the song with clean tones, singer yells, guitars  play power chords, then the lead with the 7 string taps and runs through pentatonic scales while the drummer is running constant triplets on the bass drum. Technically, the music is good,  it just sucks balls. It has no fucking life to it. Meh... But I want to hear new stuff.

There's so much garbage. I listen to a metal show on the radio Sunday nights, all the iTunes new metal playlists each week, and I add maybe one song in thirty to my metal playlist. Some of them are pretty creative, but I admit to liking the occasional formulaic rubbish as well. Like this one. 

1 hour ago, JRed said:

There's so much garbage. I listen to a metal show on the radio Sunday nights, all the iTunes new metal playlists each week, and I add maybe one song in thirty to my metal playlist. Some of them are pretty creative, but I admit to liking the occasional formulaic rubbish as well. Like this one. 

Not too bad. Reminds me of a lot of early 2000s industrial metal, though. Which I do like.

33 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Not too bad. Reminds me of a lot of early 2000s industrial metal, though. Which I do like.

Maybe that's it. A little reminiscent of Spineshank. xD

On 10/11/2017 at 4:36 AM, Satchmo said:

Pretty cool sounding. The guitar has a Tony Iomi vibe to it.

I like it. I know it's not original Chains, but they still kept a cool sound.

For tonight, I bet even Etho would like this one.

19 hours ago, JRed said:

I like it. I know it's not original Chains, but they still kept a cool sound.

For tonight, I bet even Etho would like this one.

That's the best part. Some bands evolve their sound and they stay vital and relevant. Others never evolve and flame out. AC/DC is the only band I can name who never evolved musically and survived.

43 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

That's the best part. Some bands evolve their sound and they stay vital and relevant. Others never evolve and flame out. AC/DC is the only band I can name who never evolved musically and survived.

It is funny how all of their hits sound the same. xD

12 hours ago, JRed said:

It is funny how all of their hits sound the same. xD

Cause they’re one melody cock rock wonders. I hate AC/DC. Most annoying shit ever. They are exactly what punk rock aimed to destroy, didn’t work of course, but it was their target. Bloated annoying and no energy manufactured music. 

Theres a lot of bands from the 70s that fit the same mold to an extent. 

The song by Necromancer was pretty good. 

Edited by Etho

Nah AC/DC  or as known locally, acca dacca kick ass!  The're a good old pub rock band who play good old no fuss rock for the working class blokes.  None of this social message songs or any of that " look how complex and fancy my guitar playing is" shit.

Driving drum beat, steady  base line, bit of  rhythm guitar  ,chuck in a bit of lead guitar,  simple lyrics that every drunk cunt can remember and chant along to  and you have the greatest rock & roll band in the world. B|

exhibit a fuckers. :thumbs2:

That last one is horrible. Then again I hate that Cookie Monster shit. It’s stupid. Almost becoming as bad as rap with the music sounding the same. 

24 minutes ago, Etho said:

That last one is horrible. Then again I hate that Cookie Monster shit. It’s stupid. Almost becoming as bad as rap with the music sounding the same. 

Yeah, that’s more their normal style. That video cracks me up though. Crab core rules. xD

17 minutes ago, JRed said:

Yeah, that’s more their normal style. That video cracks me up though. Crab core rules. xD

Crab core?

Had to look that up. It’s official. I’m old. 

Edited by Etho