Sign in to follow this  
vic_b

New members

Been seeing some new members lately. 

First of all.... Welcome!! A lot of good people here willing to answer any questions you may have about anything. 

Second.... tell us a little about yourself. Nobody is going to judge you, unless you’re into some weird stuff. It would have to be pretty weird or harmful to others, though. 

As for myself, I’m a train mechanic. I work on the passenger coaches. Repairing and maintaining them. I enjoy shooting long distance and pistols. I’m to young to retire and getting to old to go to work everyday. 

I’m not entirely convinced some of them aren’t just spammers. Maybe not bots as they are a bit sophisticated for that. But they post weird shit sometimes that’s completely irrelevant to the topic. 

3 hours ago, Etho said:

I’m not entirely convinced some of them aren’t just spammers. Maybe not bots as they are a bit sophisticated for that. But they post weird shit sometimes that’s completely irrelevant to the topic. 

I’m trying to be a glass is half full guy. Drives my coworkers nuts!

28 minutes ago, vic_b said:

I’m trying to be a glass is half full guy. Drives my coworkers nuts!

😀

Nothing wrong with that. 

Noticing them too. I can usually tell by their email addy if spammers. 

But always welcome new folks! 

4 hours ago, vic_b said:

Driving coworkers nuts or....

Both I suppose. I’ve always been a glass half empty. I’m a bit jealous of those who have the ability to see good first. 

9 hours ago, Etho said:

Both I suppose. I’ve always been a glass half empty. I’m a bit jealous of those who have the ability to see good first. 

In my line of work, inspecting and repairing R/R passenger cars, I have to start my day by saying "No matter how big an asshole or bitch the people on my cars are, somebody somewhere loves them" Because if I miss something and it causes a derailment and they get killed, I have to live with that. In your line of work, you see people at the worst time of their life. Whether it's from a bad decision or just plain bad luck, it's not a good time for them. I can understand your point of view. Do I like people in general? Well... let's say I like you guys on here and leave it at that. I'm a big time loner, happy to be by myself. I'm pretty sure it's from conditioning. My first wife drove away all my friends. This wife works so much I seldom see her when I'm in the mood to do something. My work schedule makes it hard to do anything with the few people I call friends.

Did a bunch of cleanup. If anyone “live” was cleaned up, please PM and I’ll get you back online.